Just bought an 06 MS6 and have some questions

Jestoner

:
Mazdaspeed6
I've read all the "noob" questions and have a pretty decent handle on what to do/what not to do/what to look out for on this car but have some specific questions.

One is the TSB on replacing the turbo seems to be out by a few months. I talked to Mazda and since my car is low mileage (53k) they said they might make an exception if visible smoke is seen coming from the exhaust. Is this worth pursuing even if i don't see smoke yet? Also the timing chain TSB has just run out too. I will likely call about both but was curious to know if anyone had luck with mazda making exceptions of just out of date things like this.

Also, the car came with a cold air intake. Should i be concerned about the quality of the product (can not find any part numbers or anything) or how it was installed? Also how easy could it be to hydrolock with the intake lower? I haven't determined what other mods may have been added but the turbo seems loud and there almost sounds like there is a blow off valve. Is this noise from the intake or potentially elsewhere?

The car just getting home http://imgur.com/RFca2Rw

Mazda will work with you on warranty claims it all depends on the district manager. Luckily ours is really cool, a coworker of mine had a TSB approved for his Speed3 when it had 100k miles on it. Best advice is to be as polite and friendly as possible and see what the service manager is willing to do for you. Most dealerships are in need of the work

if visible smoke is seen coming from the exhaust.

hey I got my 06 MS6 about 3 weeks ago, and I did some reading about the car before I bought it.. but dont remember reading about the smoke issue. Is the visible smoke issue is present does it happens when the car is parked/Idle or when driving?

Back