Just bought a MSP!

Welcome to the forum. Stiffer MM, exhaust, FMIC and a ECU of some sort at 10psi will make it a very fun car. Make sure the car has no issues first before you jump into the mods or they will compound on you with this car.

That's why I recommended mounts first. Once they go, the exhaust is next. I found out the hard way that mine were bad, and ended up severing my exhaust in between the cats. So I'd highly suggest the mounts before anything else.

ya wen i got mine i replaced the motor mounts with awr ones good deal just make sure u get the softer ones cuz i got the middle stiffess and it makes my interior vibrate wen she warms up lol

I just bought a 2003.5 MSP, it has 57000 miles and is all stock. Reason why i am posting up this thread is just wanting to know some does and donts with my MSP and what are some good first bolts ons to get this car started?

DO: Drive it like you stole it!
DON'T: Run into anything...

WELCOME!
(bolt)

That's why I recommended mounts first. Once they go, the exhaust is next. I found out the hard way that mine were bad, and ended up severing my exhaust in between the cats. So I'd highly suggest the mounts before anything else.

yeah I need to replace my mounts, there bad and it gave me an exhaust leak at the mani... but im babyin her untill I get the new turbo, sorry tho thread jack but does anyone have any suggestions on what type of tuning equipment is good for a t28 build?

So i am getting my money from taxes and was wondering which MM set is better bang for buck, Darkstar or AWR?

I have the AWR side inserts, they are pretty good, definitly way better than stock but ive never used any other type but cost wise the AWR's are cheap, i think i paid like $30 or $40 from PG for both sides, ive also got the medievel front mount and i love that one! but it is a little more expensive

I went with Medieval front and rear.... but Ken of Protege Garage is working with a new supplier that offers the full, 4-piece set. They are a high-durometer rubber, which may mean firm feel without as nuch vibration in the cockpit.
Look for the link to Hard Race mounts. I'm kind of wishing I had waited for these....(uhm)

Welcome to the community and good choice of color by the way. I would recommend removing the heat shield and making sure all the bolts on the manifold are still there. They tend to disappear once you get close to 50k miles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back