joe's1G DSM Downpipe*/Testpipe combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good deal if you have a DSM maybe...how would that fit on our cars though??

Ive actually been doing some research as to what would fit our cars from DSM mainly because the turbo setup is almost identical, especially the 2g since they both shared the same turbo. A test pipe is an excellent mod for the money, it does make the car very loud and people behind you will smell rotten egg with no cat but it definitely improves the low-end spool up. Since I dont have my MSP yet I cant say for sure but if the DSM exhaust is similar to ours then it may be beneficial to do some more searching on this.

MIKE

DSM2MSP said:
Ive actually been doing some research as to what would fit our cars from DSM mainly because the turbo setup is almost identical, especially the 2g since they both shared the same turbo. A test pipe is an excellent mod for the money, it does make the car very loud and people behind you will smell rotten egg with no cat but it definitely improves the low-end spool up. Since I dont have my MSP yet I cant say for sure but if the DSM exhaust is similar to ours then it may be beneficial to do some more searching on this.

MIKE

The rotten egg smell is from an overheating cat... they'll just smell some raw fuel.

Why not just buy a proper product from the companies that *are* developing for Proteges so that they *continue* to do so? If we start parting out parts from other companies, these smaller shops that DO help us will be forced to rethink their devotion.

It may be cheaper right now but we're already lacking aftermarket support. Why make it worse?

In addition, and I may be ignorant for thinking this way but, I bought a Mazda Protege. Not a DSM. Why do I want DSM parts on it?

Personally, I'd rather save and get parts that have the proper R&D for Protege setups.

I guess we should all go out and buy Microsoft products then also, and only microsoft.

Not trying to be a smartass but this actually helps out our aftermarket cause by opening up the possibilities of the engine and modification.

Mike

t3ase said:
Why not just buy a proper product from the companies that *are* developing for Proteges so that they *continue* to do so? If we start parting out parts from other companies, these smaller shops that DO help us will be forced to rethink their devotion.

It may be cheaper right now but we're already lacking aftermarket support. Why make it worse?

dsm2msp i totally agree with u. so what if it was made for a dsm. what stops people from swapping sr20s and 13bs into ae86s nothing. if the part works then y not buy it but, if it didnt work then he wasted his money so what his loss.

it does increase aftermarket, because that would kinda mean that a DSM part fits ours and they have huge aftermarket.

the eclipse's turbo is turned 180 degrees from ours... wouldnt taht make things not work when trying to fit dsm parts on our msp?

t3ase is right.

We have vendors on here that are helping us out and we dont want to loose them. Also the products are R&Ded on MSPs not DSMs. lol.

Locked.

BTW- Thank you though for bringing up the thread.....its nice to know that there are members who are looking out for aftermarket goodies!!!:D:D

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back