JOBS!!!! :rant:

Bizam21

:
Nissan 200sx SE-R
Currently I have a job at a popular nation wide electronics store. It has been getting worse and worse there, as of late. I was told of a raise that I got 6 months ago, then found out that I in fact didnt get it. I only had a managers "word" on the matter so when I was told that my raise never really happened imagine my suprise. Since it was just him saying I had a raise I couldnt prove it to anybody else, and he claims he doesnt remember the convo. I also found out that I am not the first person that this happened to. It just really sucks to work for a place like that. I have been looking very hard for jobs and it very difficult to find one that pays anything worth while. I'm sorry to rant like this.
Does anybody have a really sh*tty job and want to complain about it????
Is there anybody out there that feels stuck in their job and cant find a decent job so you can quit your crappy one????
I complain far too much, it can always be worse.
I could be this guy... (dance)

No offense, but it was your responsibility to go over your paycheck and make sure you got your raise. If you manager told you that you got a raise, and you didn't see your paycheck increase, then why didn't you immediately go to him then?

He may seriously have simply forgotten that he told you about a raise. It has been six months.

Sucks for you! :-( At least you've got a good attitude about it. I love my job.

I like the girls at my job :D ...(upbum)

Last edited:
i like the benefits of my job, i just hate being on comission.

ok all you guys that love your jobs, where do you work?

Just started a new job a couple days ago, still running the business, but they offered a great oppurtunity to me. So now I remember why I started my own business. Becuase 7:30-4 or 9-5 jobs blow. Especially this one, It is so much more stressful, and the reason i took it was to reduce stress in my life. I am there new Regional IS Admin, thinking about being a dick and dropping it. But IDK ill give it another week.

Like I said, this was all 6 months ago. He had told me of the raise then the next check it didnt show. I had him look it up in your emplyee computer (pims) to see my current pay rate ( I did the math and knew it wasnt on my check). It wasnt on there and thats when he said he didnt remember the convo we had. What brings this up is that fact that the raise is going to come around again very soon. They have been very shady and it just sucks to work for a company that doesnt care. Or at least a managent team that doesnt care. Also our pay rate isnt printed on our checks at all.
Its nice to see those of you that like your jobs. I really hope to find one I like soon.

redrims - a fellow sr20, its nice to see. any dyno #'s?

Last edited:
Bizam21 said:
Like I said, this was all 6 months ago. He had told me of the raise then the next check it didnt show. I had him look it up in your emplyee computer (pims) to see my current pay rate ( I did the math and knew it wasnt on my check). It wasnt on there and thats when he said he didnt remember the convo we had. What brings this up is that fact that the raise is going to come around again very soon. They have been very shady and it just sucks to work for a company that doesnt care. Or at least a managent team that doesnt care. Also our pay rate isnt printed on our checks at all.
Its nice to see those of you that like your jobs. I really hope to find one I like soon.

Nah...Haven't really gone to the dyno. I just go to see my friends dyno lol.

Bizam21 said:

Sorry..I misunderstood your post. I thought you didn't approach him about it until six months later.

Yeah, that really sucks. Who do you work for?

this week sux at my job, i went in at 0700 this morning and just got off, ya it's 0012 here. and i have to be back in at 0700. and i still get paid the same. :( but normally i love my job. and after next week it will settle down again and i will be happy. their is my tired ass 2 sec rant!

i am an aviation electronic tech (fix radios/radar/jamming/harm/interior communications/all nav systems) on a ea-6b prowler. i am a E-5 in the navy......so sometime it is long ass hours and sometimes it is not.

Bizam21 said:
Like I said, this was all 6 months ago. He had told me of the raise then the next check it didnt show. I had him look it up in your emplyee computer (pims) to see my current pay rate ( I did the math and knew it wasnt on my check).

Well since (pims) sort of gives away where you work, at least to anyone who works there, I can tell you that if he was giving you a review and a raise all of that has to be done with paperwork first before it is entered into PIMS. He has to do a sit down review with you in the office and go over your performance adn goals and score you on a scale of 1-5 on various factors and if you acheived a score of 3 or higher you would get a set raise amount depending on the score. Or at least this was the new program when I left two years ago after 15 years there with 9 of them in management. What this all means is that unless he did an actual review and filled out paperwork then he was either blowing smoke up your ass or has no idea how to do his job properly. Either way it boils down to the fact that you are not in a place which has a manager that is doing his job correctly. My guys always got their reviews on time and if they merited it they got raises, if they didn't then they were told why and what to improve to get one the next time, as well as shown how to improve. Probably why I had the highest employee retention rates in my district. If you want to make money in this industry learn everything you can about home A/V and get a commision job at a small independent store. You'll make a lot more but the stress level will increase by not being on an hourly pay scale.
I learned a long time ago with that company that you need to always have everything in writing because it will be forgotten or you'll be told that you misunderstood. Just state in a respectful manner if you are told something that you would like to have it in writing so that there is no misunderstanding this time.

Last edited:
love my job working at UPS and met my new g/f there also!! i work for 2hrs and get paid for 5hr's since we have a big break!! gotta love union 63!
great benefits also here so thats why i stay and work for a 2nd job to pay bills till i get full time at ups which takes about 6-8 yrs!

i hate my job profoundly and at this moment i am looking for another one that atleast pays more ( i just got an apartment and cant go without a paycheck, saying that wwhat i orginaly wanted to do was quit and then look for a new job and go to my gay ass college classes and then sit around and do nothing for like a couple of weeks unless i found a good job quick) i work at Giant supermarket in the seafood deptment and there are only me and the manager and assitant manager and thats only three people and there is supposed to be like 8 people working back there so im always alone. and if you think thats always a good thing well it isn't because if it isnt boring as hell then i've got a lot of b****y customers taking up my time to finish everything so i can get out

so in short i hate my job a lot

I work in ad sales for a trade association publisher, going on my 2nd year. It is an awesome place to work, and the people I work with are cool too. We just moved into a new building right before I started,and we are only 1/3 full, with room for a ton more people. If you feel like moving to the Plywood State, this is a great place to work.

Back