Jim's here now! Can you give me a hint where to look? Thanks!

-Jim-

:
Mazda Protege 2003 LX
Folks,

I 'm glad to find this Forum for Protege owners. I bought a 2003 LX 2.0 used with 87+Km a year ago and it's been a good car so far (just Oil and filter changes).

But it's soon to be in need of it's 96Km servicing, and I'm trying to find a Service Manual for it. I've got a bit of time on my hands, and thought I'd do as much servicing as possible myself. I'm quite familiar with Haynes manuals (my son had 2 for his Jeeps, and years ago I had one for my Datsun 240Z) but all I can find is their Mazda Protege - 1990-2000. Is there one for 2001=>2003?

If not is there a decent alternative? I've downloaded a pdf version of a 2002 workshop manual, but it leaves a lot to be desired for the backyard enthusiast.

Just yesterday I noticed the ABS light isn't coming on, and I can lock up the Brakes on wet pavement. I think this needs my immediate attention.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Regards,

Jim:cool:

Well I had lots of fun figuring out how to change a friggin light bulb for the ABS light. (You take the whole console out => all the Gauges included.)

After doing that I found out the ABS light bulb was fine. It seem odd there were 4 openings for warning lights not used. I checked the rest and they all worked.

So I looked in the Fuse box (I'm an electrical type) to see if a Fuse was blown. To my surprise there was no fuse (60 amp) in the slot. So off I went and bought a new Fuse and it made no difference.

Now I'm wondering if the Car really has ABS. (Even though the car lot I bought it from said it did have it...) I checked the Mazda Site and found out an LX had it as an option.

Any idea how to confirm this easily?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim;)

Because you have a canadian model, you might want to check out toprotege.com. There are differences on trim and options between the US and Canada models.

Gents,

Thanks for the Heads Up on toprotege.com. I will go looking for the sensors next. ;)

I don't have abs on my 03 lx and I know it too because them bitchs won't hesitate to lock up on a quick brake.

Latest posts

Back