JIC or Greddy?

JIC, Greddy or other (post damnit)

• Total voters

mp3moose

:
mp3 and elise
I am looking for a nice quiet exhuast and need some help deciding. Defiantely don't want ricey/can exhaust notes...more like a 350z's exhuast which sounds nice when one "gets on it" but won't make you deaf on road trips.

Thoughts?

I would look at others like Borla, Thermal, Magnaflow, etc. They are designed to be somewhat stealthy.

I have a Greddy kit on my MSP. Its a great exhaust. Its relatively tame under light throttle and sounds agressive when you floor it. I have a Dynomax muffler and custom exhaust piping on my Probe GT and its fairly loud. HKS makes some nice stuff as well. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

umm... do you still have your racing beat exhaust? ;)

the greddy evo will drone with N/A proteges, not sure about the turbos.

Yeah, still rocking the stock racing beat stuff. Not a huge fan of it though. Anybody know if the jic exhaust will drone while crusing?

i'm gonna get the Greddy SP2 in the future.... looks the sweetest looking catback imo.

My highway cruise is about 3700 RPMs. Its not loud at all. No drone either. It only comes alive when you mash the throttle, its quiet otherwise. Its the SP2 and not the EVO, those are louder.

Out of your options, go with Greddy. I really don't see the point in spending the money on JIC. I was looking at the Greddy SP2 at one point as well. The EVO2 does look neat too.

I have a custom 2.5" turbo back exhaust with 2(random Technologies) cats, 1 High Flow 2.5 ID resonator, and a JIC canister/muffler.

I also have AWR motor mounts with manual bushing so this adds to my engine/exhaust noise.

The exhaust sounds awesome, but it is a bit loud for my taste. When i'm beating on the car, I LOVE it. It sounds really mean, and not ricey at all. When driving around with friends/passengers i feel its too loud. But the motormounts probally play a big part in it.

The JIC looks awesome too. I voted the JIC because i love the exhaust, but i getting too old to have a loud exhaust on my daily driver.

here are some old pics. But it still looks bad ass.

Attachments

• JIC 2.JPG
    JIC 2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 77
  • jic rear.JPG
    jic rear.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Paul,
Thanks that helps a lot. Do you have a drone while at highway speeds? I want that aggressivness when on it, but I do long road trips and seriously concerned about hearing loss after 10+ hours in the car everyday.
PaulMP3 said:
I have a custom 2.5" turbo back exhaust with 2(random Technologies) cats, 1 High Flow 2.5 ID resonator, and a JIC canister/muffler.

I also have AWR motor mounts with manual bushing so this adds to my engine/exhaust noise.

The exhaust sounds awesome, but it is a bit loud for my taste. When i'm beating on the car, I LOVE it. It sounds really mean, and not ricey at all. When driving around with friends/passengers i feel its too loud. But the motormounts probally play a big part in it.

The JIC looks awesome too. I voted the JIC because i love the exhaust, but i getting too old to have a loud exhaust on my daily driver.

here are some old pics. But it still looks bad ass.

There is a drone at highway speeds but not horrible. I take lots of road trips with my car (doing 800 miles this fri-sun) and it only bothers me when people are in the back seat. I get some complaints from passengers that it is loud in the back, but ive never rode back their so i can't comment. The JIC cat back has a much smaller resonator then mince does, so this might make a big difference. Also the JIC piping i believe is 2.3" where mine is 2.5" and my inlet on my muffler is bigger, cause i didnt want to taper down to the 2.3" size so i taper out to the bigger inlet they make.

Last edited:
Back