JDM tails for $100

I got them off of a member in austrialia. (twilightprotege). They were off his car. Good luck on finding them.

Johndg said:
If you get them let me know how you did the wire install, plz

Providing they're not insanely expensive, I'll post up a "how-to".

Edit: I'll look into the correct harness as well.

Last edited:
Bala de Plata said:
JDM image from the Corksport site for ref.

Wagon.jpg

Either that is a very bad picture, or there is something else the matter. I have JDM tails on my car and DO NOT have any sort of orange part. Where that orange part is in the picture I for sure have a reflector - but it isn't orange. I think what happened there is just that the flash from the camera over exposed the reflector part and that is why it came out brighter.

You can see the same reflector section in this pic (look closely for the colour difference):
detail_503_mazda_323f_bj_8790.jpg

It just isn't over exposed because there was no flash used in the pic...

Also, my JDMs were plug and play...

redpr5 said:
on the corksport site, these are the Euro Spec taillights
http://corksport.com/store/large/hu6m/99p-lights/E-Spec_Taillight_Passenger_side_P5/Wagon.html

whats the point of the rear foglight?? is that why most euro cars have only one reverse light?

It isn't a rear foglight, rather it is a "rear fog light indicator lamp".

It's really bright, as bright as your LED upper brake light, and it is on whenever you have your foglights on. The purpose is that if road visibility is poor enough for you to need your fog lights on, people driving behind you will probably have trouble seeing you.

redpr5 said:
on the corksport site, these are the Euro Spec taillights
http://corksport.com/store/large/hu6m/99p-lights/E-Spec_Taillight_Passenger_side_P5/Wagon.html

whats the point of the rear foglight?? is that why most euro cars have only one reverse light?

(mswerd) What zverg said. Apparently there are two versions of the EDM lights (different years?) The USDM style with one side with the fog and the JDM style - bulb placement may be different however. Still researching .....

Bala de Plata said:
(mswerd) What zverg said. Apparently there are two versions of the EDM lights (different years?) The USDM style with one side with the fog and the JDM style

Me thinks it has to do with them having 2 generations of the BJFW, they had the earlier 3rd gen (99-00) front end with the taillights we typically call "JDM taillights", and then the newer gen with taillights that look like our stock ones.

IIRC the 02-up JDM Familia Sport20 s-wagon came with JDM taillights that look like our USDM lights but missing a reflector.

L8R said:
EDM, JDM... All made in Taiwan :p

LOL, jdm ****** have no say in this.

but isn't our tails already the jdm sports20 tails??!! i am still bummed by that after all these years. the look of our car is already better than the regular famila but we get crap for power.....

KanseiZM said:
It isn't a rear foglight, rather it is a "rear fog light indicator lamp".

It's really bright, as bright as your LED upper brake light, and it is on whenever you have your foglights on. The purpose is that if road visibility is poor enough for you to need your fog lights on, people driving behind you will probably have trouble seeing you.

ah i see, so i guess that means that overseas you could drive with the fogs on all the time with the headlights, but it would prob bother other drivers at night if there isnt fog. makes sense now that i know what its for

I'm also thinking about getting JDM tails, but I don't want the ones with the orange in the back like the picture from Corksport. Any know why the ones from Corksport have the orange on the tail lights?

blizzard said:
Either that is a very bad picture, or there is something else the matter. I have JDM tails on my car and DO NOT have any sort of orange part. Where that orange part is in the picture I for sure have a reflector - but it isn't orange. I think what happened there is just that the flash from the camera over exposed the reflector part and that is why it came out brighter.

You can see the same reflector section in this pic (look closely for the colour difference):
detail_503_mazda_323f_bj_8790.jpg

It just isn't over exposed because there was no flash used in the pic...

Also, my JDMs were plug and play...
Roger that. Corksport's image is not a representative picture of the tails - mine arrived on Monday and look like these.

Bala de Plata said:
Roger that. Corksport's image is not a representative picture of the tails - mine arrived on Monday and look like these.

So you ordered yours from Corksport and there is no orange in the taillight? If so, then I'm gonna have to place my order. (cool)

yeah Bala de Plata - did you end up getting them through corksport? i'm seriously thinking about this switch...love the look of that PR5 in that speedsociety pic (is that user on this board?)

worker_robot said:
yeah Bala de Plata - did you end up getting them through corksport? i'm seriously thinking about this switch...love the look of that PR5 in that speedsociety pic (is that user on this board?)
I did end up getting them through Corksport - $193 + shipping incuding a pnp harness and all bulbs (first) I love the clean look.

Back