jdm swap with my 2002 mp5 need some help bad

tvamvakos

:
2002 mazda protege 5
i swapped a direct japanese imported engine in my 2002 mp5, really there is no difference other than some minor but major differences in vacuum hose,pumps and ecu connections if anyone has ever heard of someone doing this, i need the most info possible to make my life a little easier. please im in some some major binds and seekin answers asap, thanks

You haven't actually said anything at all other then "I'm having issues". Not going to be able to help you much with that.
Also, this is in the wrong section...

how is it in the wrong section first of all"msp car problems in help" and i created the thread and second if u have swapped a jdm into a usdm frame then u should now exacly what issues i will run into u are of no help?

This is the Mazdaspeed section, which has a turbo so most of the info is about turbos and not NA. Try the Protege5, MP3, and 3rd gen sections. I'm assuming you got an FS-ZE engine, but again you didn't tell us. For it to run good you need the JDM ECU and wiring harness. People have run them on the stock US ECU/harness but you won't get all the horsepower you are supposed to get from it. I would start by searching FS-ZE to get more info.

You said you were having "major binds". If you want people to help you, try posting some concrete questions. As the above poster mentioned, you are in the turbo section, so yes it is in the wrong section (a mod can move this if you PM one of them).
As stated above, a JDM FS-ZE ecu (assuming you did get this engine, again as assumed by the above poster), would help, but I don't know all the implications.

Im going to move this. And people are not gonna KNOW your problems just off of hey i got this motor in this car, help me. and If you ever swapped this motor into this car you know the problems I have. Are you of no help to me........ Seriously man, there are some good people on here but none of them are that good.

you guys are completely right ive just been on a bunch of forums and all everyone does is talk s*** and doesn't help me out what so ever, so i guess i got off on the wrong foot. from what im seeing im in the protege 5 forum page but regardless overall from what im seeing i will need to swap an ecu, could i fix this by tuning my ecu or "flashing it"

I did the JDM FSDE engine swap. It was a direct swap except for the turbo parts I had to re-install. All sensors and vacuum lines hooked right up.

Back