JDM + EDM tail lights

UKDM_323f

:
UKDM 323F 2.0 Sport
Hi
Before you ask YES i did do a search found lot of stuff regarding taillights etc.....but none regarding bulb holders for JDM & EDM taili lights.

So Any one know if the JDM & EDM tail lights uses same bulb holders ?Not talking about the early spec, but the late spec liek on this 2 pic here looks the same(minus a rear fog light on the EDM).
untitled2.jpg

asiaprivatemazdafamiliasy1.jpg

Since i need a new right hand side one & someone in Hong Kong is selling some second hand ones off a JDM Sport 20 which looks same as the EDM one but only buy it if the bulb holders are same ! i didnt ask in the Euro/UK forum since not many in this part of the world & since some of ya got some EDM ones i ask here !

Last edited:
the 2003 JDM ones are exactly the same as the USDM ones... lense, housing, bulbs, everything... only the 2003 EDM ones are completely different due to lense marking requirements... driver's side EDM wiring harness is different due to rear fog light, but passenger side wiring harness is the same any part of the world

to add an interesting twist... the field break (2002) tail lights are the same as the 2003 UK spec ones

Thanks ! that is odd about the fieldbreak edition.......i got a feeling that the 2nd hand JDM Sport 20 uses different bulb holders then, since i also know the Altezza style lights dont fit the euopean/UK Protege5 323f, so may need to give it a miss & buy a OEM EDM one from the main Mazda dealer & get charge an extertionate price since price for Mazda parts in Europe cost more than likes of Honda & Toyota! (gun) So thats the JDM style twin reverse lights outta question, dammit!(gun)

they ALL use the same bulbs
its just the EDM driver's side pigtail harness is different due to the rear fog light

regardless, you wouldn't pass the MOT if you installed USDM/JDM tail lights in your car... you *might* squeek by if you used australian tail lights and had it MOT'd by someone stupid

Oh ok i thought u meant different bulbs & harness etc.... sorry my bad just watching TV & reading this at same time !
, maybe i still can buy them then but still going to make sure!

Regarding the rear fog light i see but i already checked they uses the same bulb holders even though different harness as u say that means i just need to get a red light bulb to pass an MOT since the JDM rear lights got 2 reverse lense.

But doesnt explain why Altezza style rear lights dont fit the UK/ EDM protege5 anyone know??

TheMAN said:
they ALL use the same bulbs
its just the EDM driver's side pigtail harness is different due to the rear fog light

Last edited:
TheMAN said:
regardless, you wouldn't pass the MOT if you installed USDM/JDM tail lights in your car... you *might* squeek by if you used australian tail lights and had it MOT'd by someone stupid

Ermm i thought a Australian protege5 tailight are the same as the JDM & yours since they dont have rear fog lights on theirs ??? they got 2 reverse lense just like yours ??

red light bulbs are NOT legal anywhere in the world

ALL of these P5 style tail lights uses W16W reverse light bulbs, ONLY the rear fog light uses W21W, which is why the driver's side tail light harness is different for EDM and field break, not to mention it is wired differently...

like I said, they ALL use the same bulbs, it's only the addition of a rear fog light that makes things different

australian tail lights *look* like the USDM/JDM ones, but they are in fact the same as the EDM tail lights but WITHOUT the rear fog lights (passenger side UK and passenger side mainland europe) because of ADR's requirement of E-mark logos

Back