Japanese Tail Lights

Yeah, it definitely helps to have the lights in front of you to get an idea of what you need to get.

Yeah it shouldn't be too hard. I just went to the parts store and bought some basic bulbs:

*Pair of 1156
*Pair of 1156 Amber
*Pair of 1157
*Pair of 194

And that's about it. Probably around $12 in total. I might change them to something cooler later, but this will get me going.

I guess the joke is on me. For whatever reason the 1156 Amber didn't work. Looks like the little pins on the bulb need to be at a slight angle with the diameter, if that makes sense.

I guess it makes sense, so you can't stick a clear bulb into the amber socket. The euro code for it is PY21W. Probably can't get it locally. For whatever reason, some sources equate this bulb with an 1156, but it's not the same in practice.

Corksport, any input?

I think Reg had the same issue. They are 1056 I believe. If the socket fits, my solution would be to get an 1156 socket (from your oem tails) and solder it to the JDM tails.

You're saying some harnesses are different? That's weird. Also, who is Reg?

This looks like what I need
411G2Ttp9XL._AA300_.jpg

Looks like a regular 7507 from the parts store will work: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...Bulb-Sylvania_25984883-P_305_R|GRPLAMPAMS___#

But don't take my word for it just yet ;)

Last edited:
The ADM and JDM Tails both come with a short harness that plugs into the factory main wiring harness...

SO...

When I installed my JDM tails... I removed the two rear lights... and the bulbs... and the short harness (One Per Side).....

then...

Installed the two new lights, the bulbs that came with them and the short harness that plugged directly into the car...

The ADM and JDM Tails both come with a short harness that plugs into the factory main wiring harness...

SO...

When I installed my JDM tails... I removed the two rear lights... and the bulbs... and the short harness (One Per Side).....

then...

Installed the two new lights, the bulbs that came with them and the short harness that plugged directly into the car...

difference being yours were used and already on a car so the bulbs were included.. the CS ones are new and the bulbs do not come with

im just going to take one out the box today. take my happy butt to the auto parts and get all the bulbs and if needed make them figure out the one that everyone is having a problem with lol

difference being yours were used and already on a car so the bulbs were included.. the CS ones are new and the bulbs do not come with

Why are people giving a s*** about bulbs when they can just go to the store and get some for like $1.

I can understand being concerned about not having wiring... but seriously boys... Bulbs..

EDIT: Lols, Beat me to it..

lol right. just frustrating to keep reading 2-3 diff type of bulbs for one part of the lights and no one knows the right one lol.

Yeah, the issue here is that people used to get these with bulbs included. No longer the case.

I'm trying to find a bulb that fits into the damn socket so I don't have to hack anything or file a bulb down to make it fit. This really is all I want to achieve. A fitment of some kind.

Local parts store has the 7507 bulbs. They are the offset pin bulbs. I'll go get them over lunch and report back.

From what I understand, it's a pretty common euro bulb that goes into Audi/VW and the like.

so thats the so pain in the butt bulb that no one was sure about? for the bottom of light or where ever it was mentioned that it goes at?

We do not have a set of the lights here or I could give out some bulb information.

-Derrick

so its the turn signal bulb that the debate is on right? all others have been correct?

Yes, it's the turn signal. The 7507 bulbs I got over lunch worked in the turn signal. My lights are ready for installation. Now I just hope they light up like they're supposed to ;)

Back