I've moved up from the Protege :( :)

Nice ride.
I rode in a friends turbo vr6 and that thing was amazingly fast on low boost. Good luck with the new car , enjoy it!

Thanks!!

Yeah the pass side front bumper wasnt hooked up right, but sall good now (1 screw)

She rides greast, and is nice and calm untill I push the pedal past 75%, then O_O

Thanks, Yeah shes definatly has "V-Dub" apeal.

I hate to be a persone to throw badges on there ride, I hate the "rice" but im going to toss on a GTI badge from the 06 modle instead of the red MKII GTI badge, and add in a VR6 badge under it.

The VR6 sound is grrrrreat.

lol Its shaved now, and IDK, it kinda bugs me. Im all my own and Im putting them on, & Might opt for the "MK" off a MKIII badge Scraping the III & using the 2 german flags Badge (blue and black) for the Left side, To get MK 2. :)

Im crazy like that

MK2 ________GTI
____________VR6

If you could picture it like this without the lines.

Last edited:
need to take off that lower front bumper. It's to rounded and doesn't go with the overall boxy style of the car. that's just me w/e. And how is this an upgrade? Faster yes, but 91 A2 GTI is not nicer then a protege. It's like me saying my 240 is nicer then my msp.

txrxs said:
need to take off that lower front bumper. It's to rounded and doesn't go with the overall boxy style of the car. that's just me w/e. And how is this an upgrade? Faster yes, but 91 A2 GTI is not nicer then a protege. It's like me saying my 240 is nicer then my msp.

I think the round headlights flow with the roundness of the front bumper, the only changes Im going to do to it is paint the mesh black. But hey, thats me, I like it & its my car, so I geuss thhe most important persone & the only one who counts made his vote (& only I hold the power of veto) I geuss that ends that.

Ohh and a emblumless grill will be put on ;)

As far as upgrade from the Proteger, well...... This may be a 91, But Its definatly an upgrade from the Protege.

The protege has 65k (kilometers) on her & has gone throughh 3 winters. The GTI has 100k (klm) on the body, 90k on the Engine & had no clue what winter is (untill this year he he he)

Lets compare

Well the Protege is perky car with decent cornering and a okay interier. Nice styling (sligly drab in stock form, but good options availible) Nice feel with the mods I had on her, but the crap gearing doesnt even let that fully lose.

The GTI I have is everything my Protege is and more.

Interier

The protege had a very nice looking interier, sporty yet not overdone. However its a rattling mess, everytime I find and cure a squeek or rattle 2 more stirr up. Over all it was nice but NOTHING really impressive, all in all, it was better then the average and much nicwer then a Neon, but beyond that........

The GTI, also has a nice interier (B;ack with a Cool GTI red stripe touring the cabin), mine has a Alpine system & Recaro seats (front and rear) Silver guages. Yeah its a little boxy compared to the Protege, but all in all just as nice, and more important, rattle free (and the GTI is soooo much older WTF) I also have a sun roof on the GTI ;)

Handling/cornering

Ill have to say the Protege impressed me Very much in this department, in stock form the handling was excelent, and with a few mods better and better. Awsome unibody chassy design.

However

The GTI also has a great chassis, nothing to squak at in stock form. However My GTI has Blisten shocks, Neuspeed adjustable coil overs, & all bushings are polyurithane with a front strut bar.

My GTI will lose the Protege in the twisties so fast it wouldnt be funny

Not only that but the Ride feel in the GTI is simply better. the ride is Stiffer a tad for initial impacts but has more cussion (progressive) Where the Protege is very jerky all the time no embetween.

Power

Um lets not even go there, the stock MSP doesnt even have what it takes to read my plate, How in Hell could a LX come close? (In case its hard to figure out, being online and in type, Thats a retorical question ;)

Outside apearence

This is definatly opinion based, I personally love the look of the Protege & feel the BC2 kit is absolutly killer on it. Still do, & that wont change.

However

I also Love the look of the MK2 GTI's and have for so long. The styling is Classic and with the custome work/ styling already done to my car, she simply looks hot.

At first I was a little off on the feeling of a pre milinium ride, feeling it might feel to "old" Syling wise, but Thats squashed when looking at My MK2 GTI VR6 in persone & or taking her for a ride.

But hey, This is only My opinion (ughdance)

Last edited:
I kinda feel the arse is a little bland and it would add enough for my taste

besides, people in the know will know, (as if they couldnt tell from the sound comming from the 2" catless exhaust line to Sebring dual tip) & the ignorent will remain ignorent (even after getting blown away, even after being told "VR6", so its all good. Im not here to fool/impress or any of that, just meet my own needs & taste.

Eithor was she isnt a sleeper once the key is in the "On" position Or even just like that. Shes just not Riced out, where as any Civic with the amount of s*** I got in her would have maybe 2" inches of paint visible behind the stickers telling everybody every damn thing in the car, like its a Honduh Catalogue & not a car.

Last edited:
Back