Its Tire time

Bakrauf

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport- True Red
Been reading the forums and see that there are a lot of choices I was looking at the Goodyear F1 all season tire but they dont make it in in stock ite size.

They recommended a 225/40/18 wil that work?

What are the other top 3 all seaon tires to go with for the Speed3?

Stay away from the Goodyear F1 A/S...i have them on my GTI and altough they have good traction and looks they are SO FRIGGIN NOISEY!!!

Goodyear F1 A/S

Stay away from the Goodyear F1 A/S...i have them on my GTI and altough they have good traction and looks they are SO FRIGGIN NOISEY!!!

How do they handle compared to the OEMs?

YK520s here. 225/45 on RX-8 wheels. Kumho ASX or SPT might do as well.

Good Day
Hitting 24000 here in Wisconsin on OEM's and looking at these tires, any feedback from a MS3 owner?
Kumho's Ecsta LX Platinum
225/45ZR18

Treadwear: 600
Traction: A
Temperature: A600 A A

Good Day
Hitting 24000 here in Wisconsin on OEM's and looking at these tires, any feedback from a MS3 owner?
Kumho's Ecsta LX Platinum
225/45ZR18

Treadwear: 600
Traction: A
Temperature: A600 A A

Man I don't know if it's pricing or you just want a less aggressive tire, but I'm looking at much more aggressive tires. 225 or 235 40/18 in Nitto NT 555, Dunlop SP Sport FM901,Falken Azenis RT-615.

Do you specifically want all seasons?

Snowed 104" last year

Living in Wisconsin was a bear last year, I got my MS3 on 3/8/08 and 3 days later it snowed 14", It took me 3.5 hrs to drive 55 miles home on the I94 that day and I got stuck for 2 hrs in my own subdivision, Need something better and more milage capable and don't want to go Winter/16" whell route, hard enough to explain to my wife I have to use hi octane gas and have to replace the tires 7 months after getting new car!LOL

i just got put on some 225/40/18 nitto nt555, cheap and better than stock...made in japan.

on the drive home, they seemed just as quiet and not rough at all. I could feel they gripped a lot better.

discounttiredirect is the best price i could find

Get the oem's again. It is sticky and steering response is crisp and super sharp. If you change to another tire you will loose your steering response. What i mean by steering response , The quickness of the steering and the tight feeling.

I love the oem's and i will buy them again.

They are option on the new BMW m3. Trust me on this one.

Get the oem's again. It is sticky and steering response is crisp and super sharp. If you change to another tire you will loose your steering response. What i mean by steering response , The quickness of the steering and the tight feeling.

I love the oem's and i will buy them again.

They are option on the new BMW m3. Trust me on this one.

You have a sharper steering response because you're running a narrower tire. With a 225 or 235, especially in a tire with a better tread pattern and stickier compound, you'll have a lot more grip. That'll get you off the line faster as well as more grip in the corner.

Unless you're Auto crossing every weekend, the "slightly" slower steering response you'd sacrifice by going wider would be negligible.

i just got put on some 225/40/18 nitto nt555, cheap and better than stock...made in japan.

on the drive home, they seemed just as quiet and not rough at all. I could feel they gripped a lot better.

discounttiredirect is the best price i could find
Do not forget these tires need heat to perform at their best. 555s are a nice track tire You will have alot of fun with these and will shave a couple tenths off the quarter mile with these tires. All season tire? I wouldn't dare I do not even like them in heavy rain. But if anyone wants high speed abilities this will work. I will be ordering a another set for front come spring time i also run same size tire as you on 18x8s

Been reading the forums and see that there are a lot of choices I was looking at the Goodyear F1 all season tire but they dont make it in in stock ite size.

They recommended a 225/40/18 wil that work?

What are the other top 3 all seaon tires to go with for the Speed3?

I just had the F1s mounted on my spare stock rims. those will be my 'winter' tires (we don't get that much snow). I haven't put them on the car yet but they do look good on the rims. There's currently a $50 rebate on them if you purchase before Oct 25 -- i got mine from Tire Rack and had them shipped to a local NTB for mounting.

Back