It is done

JMS'sMSP

Contributor
:
2005 RX8
Autometer Ultra light 30vac-20psi gauge installed
Protege5online.com Steering wheel gauge pod installed
Joep MBC installed

I am running at about 7.75 psi (dont want to push it too much too soon)

It took about 3 trips to pep boys to get the right t-fittings and adapters and about 1 hour to adjust it. Not bad at all. I did however have it adjusted a little too much when I did the first run and I got the boost up to about 14 but just for a second then pulled over and backed it way off. I hope I didnt do any damage to my motor. Now after seeing that other thread about the guy blowing his motor on the dyno with a boost spike to 14 I guess I got lucky.

hEY SOUNDS GOOD IM INSTALLING MY GAUGE POD AND GAUGE SOON. hOW WAS THE MBC INSTALLION FAIRLY EASY I THINK.
gOOD LUCK wHATS YOUR STOCK BOOST READING. wHERE DO YOU HAVE IT SET FOR NORMAL DRIVING AND DID YOU CHANGE THE PLUGS TOO.

My post and signature answer all those questions. No I kept the stock plugs but I have the sparkco wires to help with spark.

ZMN BY U said:
hEY SOUNDS GOOD IM INSTALLING MY GAUGE POD AND GAUGE SOON. hOW WAS THE MBC INSTALLION FAIRLY EASY I THINK.
gOOD LUCK wHATS YOUR STOCK BOOST READING. wHERE DO YOU HAVE IT SET FOR NORMAL DRIVING AND DID YOU CHANGE THE PLUGS TOO.

hEY, THAT'S FUNNY. mY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS BROKEN TOO!
J/K. I figured I'd say something before someone else did.:)

JMS'sMSP said:
Autometer Ultra light 30vac-20psi gauge installed
Protege5online.com Steering wheel gauge pod installed
Joep MBC installed

I am running at about 7.75 psi (dont want to push it too much too soon)

It took about 3 trips to pep boys to get the right t-fittings and adapters and about 1 hour to adjust it. Not bad at all. I did however have it adjusted a little too much when I did the first run and I got the boost up to about 14 but just for a second then pulled over and backed it way off. I hope I didnt do any damage to my motor. Now after seeing that other thread about the guy blowing his motor on the dyno with a boost spike to 14 I guess I got lucky.

why did you have to get more t-fittings and adapters, I thought you just needed some 3/16 tubing and the kit came with the rest..

JDM Sam said:
spark plug wires dont do s***!

Well when I installed them in my car before the boost controller the engine ran smoother and I had more pickup at highway speeds. So I think they did. These are the 9mm wires not stock ones that looked like 1mm wires.

Re: Re: It is done

unwrittenLaw said:

why did you have to get more t-fittings and adapters, I thought you just needed some 3/16 tubing and the kit came with the rest..

All mine came with was the controller and 2 zip ties. I had to get some adapter fittings because the hose on the car is 1/8 and the connector on the boost controller is 3/16 so I had to get fittings and use my extra hose I had from my MP3 Hose Techniques kit to finish the install.

7.75?? dude,, that is a little TOO safe.... ppl run 14psi as daily drivers.. I put mine at 9.5 to be VERY safe.. I doubt with yours at 7.75 you could even really feel the difference... mine was at 6.9 stock.....

I was going to try and install mine today, but now I dont know if i have the right parts. I didn't know you needed extra t-fittings... but i heard some cars had 3/16 tubing to the t and others had 1/8..i'm confused.

SuperSpud said:
7.75?? dude,, that is a little TOO safe.... ppl run 14psi as daily drivers.. I put mine at 9.5 to be VERY safe.. I doubt with yours at 7.75 you could even really feel the difference... mine was at 6.9 stock.....

Well I thought so too after a little thinking so now I am at 9.5psi. I just dont want to push it until I am certain it can handle it.

Well at least you guys have boost im reading 3psi on my boost gauge WTF. I checked all the t fittings and the hoses are on tight i cant hear any sucking or hissing coming from the hoses. Also the plastic line that goes to the gauge is in the T hole. Put soapy water on it didnt bubble at all. The line is not kinked either.HELP ME

hey guys, i have a question, if I remove the joep mbc, will my psi go back to stock? Or will I have to back it down to 6.9 psi?

brennan said:
hey guys, i have a question, if I remove the joep mbc, will my psi go back to stock? Or will I have to back it down to 6.9 psi?

It should go back to stock.

Back