It Already has some battle scars..

mazda003s

:
Mazda 3s Titanium Grey 5-door
ok so today i wash my car and around my gas door i see scratches along the side...so im like uh oh and try to remove it..well i guess it only took a layer of the clear coat..does anybody know any good scratch removers or anything of that sort??..i also found that there are several dents by the wheel flares..a little ticked off that someone hit my car but oh well...

any incidents with your 3 yet??
:mad:

mazda003s said:
ok so today i wash my car and around my gas door i see scratches along the side...so im like uh oh and try to remove it..well i guess it only took a layer of the clear coat..does anybody know any good scratch removers or anything of that sort??..i also found that there are several dents by the wheel flares..a little ticked off that someone hit my car but oh well...

You have to get the car polished and than waxed. It's the only way it will look like you drove it off the lot. On a black car for example, a polish is done once a year. On a silver car, wow, I can go forever without polishing it cause nothing shows on it.

Strangely enough, I had a rock (or something) make a hole about the size of a dime in the plastic thingy around my right side driving light.

I guess I'm glad it didn't hit the light. (shrug)

That's in addition to a bunch of rock chips (even one on the top of the rear spoiler (confused) )

goldwing2000 said:
Strangely enough, I had a rock (or something) make a hole about the size of a dime in the plastic thingy around my right side driving light.

I guess I'm glad it didn't hit the light. (shrug)

That's in addition to a bunch of rock chips (even one on the top of the rear spoiler (confused) )

The lower part of my front grille is cracked and broken in some areas, you cant tell at all until you come really close to it. I am one of those lucky ones that doesnt have any rocks chips just a lot of scratches, the car is black to make matters worst. Those platic grilles shouldnt cost too much to replace, it's only a cheap, flimsy piece of plastic.

I got hit by an idiot saturday night. The following parts are either damaged or destroyed:

-Front Bumper Cover
-Left Front Fender
-Left Headlamp
-Left Fog Light

For about 2500$ CDN worth of repairs. (sad2)

I've also got the odd scratch here and there but nothing to complain about yet.

goldwing2000 said:
Insurance?

Yup, but I'm still debating if I'm gonna file a claim or not. My deductible is 500$ and if I do file this claim, my premium will go up by 800$ for the next 3 years. So in the end, I end up paying for it anyway. Insurance blows :(

if you got hit, you shoudln't have to pay the deductible.. and if you only claim thru the other car's insurance, your own "might not" find out about it.

My car sat in the local shopping mall on display for like 4 months over the winter. When I recieved it I had them wax and buff the thing and it looks beautiful. I too have some small rock chips here and there but nothing to freak about.

Sorry to here of your car Joe.

GW: How the hell did you get rock chips on the rear spoiler?

Tim

Fobby_Monkey said:
if you got hit, you shoudln't have to pay the deductible.. and if you only claim thru the other car's insurance, your own "might not" find out about it.

Have you ever figured that it can be a hit and run

mazda003s said:

We picked ours up from the lot a week ago Monday. There was a scratch the dealership noticed in detailing that they told us about and made an appointment to have their bodyman/painter fix properly. We took it in Monday to have that done. The repair looked perfect.

Got the vehicle home Monday night and were showing it off to my brother. He asked what had happened to the rear end. Someone on the lot must have backed it into a concrete barrier of some sort because both the upper and lower parts of the rear bumper were all grooved up and the reflector plate was cracked. Called the dealershiop immediately and they told us to bring it in yesterday morning for the service manager to see.

While neither the dealership or us could prove the damage had happened in our possession... we KNOW it was cherry when we dropped it off Monday morning. What new car owner doesn't put his baby to bed every night? We hadn't even put 300 km on it yet.

Long story short - they are repairing the damage on their dime. Didn't really get any grief about it either.

So - yes - one minor damage incident but none on our watch!

cheers,
ham

I've sure had enough people trying to give me incidents in this thing. In the month I've owned it, I've had 3 different drivers slam on their brakes and come to almost a complete stop in a right turn lane to get back into the traffic lanes. One was in the rain. *sighs*

There's a scratch or two here and there. Haven't noticed any chipping yet, which is good, since I'll be paying sales tax & registration today and want to hit another paycheck before I get my clear front protection installed :)

blizz81 said:
I've sure had enough people trying to give me incidents in this thing. In the month I've owned it, I've had 3 different drivers slam on their brakes and come to almost a complete stop in a right turn lane to get back into the traffic lanes. One was in the rain. *sighs*

There's a scratch or two here and there. Haven't noticed any chipping yet, which is good, since I'll be paying sales tax & registration today and want to hit another paycheck before I get my clear front protection installed :)

yeah i swear that happens to me almost everyday..i live in grandpa city and they cannot drive at all..theres been 4 accidents where there accelerator was stuck and ran into farmer's markets or they just forgot to put it in park and ran into buildings..they love hitting post offices..

Mikey444 said:
Have you ever figured that it can be a hit and run

Nah, wasn't a hit and run. It happened on the corner of Sherbrooke and St-Laurent @ around midnight. I was getting ready to rough him up but noticed that there were cops everywhere (jazz festival).

But hey, I now know where he lives ;)

joepro said:
Nah, wasn't a hit and run. It happened on the corner of Sherbrooke and St-Laurent @ around midnight. I was getting ready to rough him up but noticed that there were cops everywhere (jazz festival).

But hey, I now know where he lives ;)
I live in Montreal too, cool. Anyway, dood your deductable and everything shouldnt go up, the other drivers insurance HAS to pay for it. It wont affect your record what so ever. I know how b****y and ******* cheap the insurance companies in Qubec are, fight to the end, you will get your way. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back