Is winter over?

Joe, ok, I know where that is. I am a NEPOC member, I was at the meet in Amherst in February...I was the guy that showed up at the last second in the parking lot in the blue Mazdaspeed.

BostonMSProtege said:
Joe, ok, I know where that is. I am a NEPOC member, I was at the meet in Amherst in February...I was the guy that showed up at the last second in the parking lot in the blue Mazdaspeed.
okay, ya i remember you!! so you going to the rev it up meet?

Last edited:
I actually won't be able to make it to RIU :( I have family coming in from Buffalo for a visit, so I will be showing them all the tourist stuff in Boston all day. I think I'm the king of bad scheduling...

II-Savy said:
I'm in CT, I did mine last weekend, I'm sick of the snow tires, we got DICK for snow this year, what a joke.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! In MA, we had what... three decent snow storms, two-three half-decent ones, and sprinkles of snow the rest of the time!

I put on my all-seasons a couple of weeks back due to some impact damage on one of my winters... let me tell you, do the stock Bridgestone Pootenza's (on Protege sedans) SUCK ASS on snow or what!

That last major snow storm we had a few weeks ago... I was spinning tires coming up hills that I *never* had problems on my winters. The braking distance was up thru the ass: tires lock up way earlier. First couple of days I was still adjusting from the winters: I swung out the rear making a left turn... just by going a little too fast. Good thing I knew to maintain throttle while countersteering and was able to control the swing just fine, but, daymn, that was nothing for speed and the rear end was sliding!

I wouldn't say that the stock tires are deadly, but they leave you little margin for error. I'm glad I got winter tires, even though I had to put them away earlier. I can't wait to get better summer tires for my Protege, since the hydroplaning and wet traction on the stock Bridgestones is sucking as well.

bazooka joe said:
well, got the wheels on today, some other goodies to go on soon!!(yippy) here's a few pics of the car and my trip...boy do i miss the sunshine and my friend the cop!:)

Them wheels looking sexy! (yes)

Back