Is this yellow wire supposed to be the original Sub power wire?

Looks like a previous owner added this big red wire on the left. Is the yellow one supposed to be the sub power wire or the blue?

hell, now that i look at it, i dont really know what the red wire on the right is for either.

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4065.JPG
    IMG_4065.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 147
The big red one on the left definitely looks like power wire. probably for an amp. i'm not sure about the yellow one. it's pretty big aswell, but i'm just not familiar with the stock msp sound system =\

I still have all that crap in the back of my MSP it looks liek the stock amp setup to me. I'd have to double check the blue is the remote wire.

I will second that the blue wire is probably the remote turn on, the yellow wire (10 gauge) is probably the factory amp power wire, and judging from the picture, the red wire is an 8 gauge likely for an aftermarket amp.

The best thing to do is get out a volt meter and see what voltage is on the wires. The power wires (yellow and red) should be +12VDC all the time and the remote turn-on (blue) should be +12VDC only when the radio is on.

It also appears that the RCA cords are running on the same side as the power wire, the "double" red wires on the right. It is best to run them on the opposite side to avoid interference in the signal.

I will second that the blue wire is probably the remote turn on, the yellow wire (10 gauge) is probably the factory amp power wire, and judging from the picture, the red wire is an 8 gauge likely for an aftermarket amp.

The best thing to do is get out a volt meter and see what voltage is on the wires. The power wires (yellow and red) should be +12VDC all the time and the remote turn-on (blue) should be +12VDC only when the radio is on.

It also appears that the RCA cords are running on the same side as the power wire, the "double" red wires on the right. It is best to run them on the opposite side to avoid interference in the signal.

What he said + the stock remote turn on lead is blue with a white line, stock power wire is yellow and stock grounding point (black cable) is just behind the left rear passenger seat. Both red wires are aftermarket, hope this helps.

Back