is this true?

stageup

was reading a thread over on h-t where i've hung out for a long ass time now and someone wrote this

"BTW do NOT get the 08... 08.5 with Jan build and better. To fix crank walk they created a set of diamond cut washers to space the crank and cam shafts which supposedly fixes crank walk the ms3 has no key on the crank so the washers are used instead. Also a new fuel pump, the older high pressure fuel pump wouldn't respond fast enough to throttle causing tip in hesitation at certain engine speeds."

any truth to this or is this buillshit? about the crankwalk, i know about the fuel pump tsb

here's the thread i got it from http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2344718

Last edited:
Honda-Tech: Your #1 Source for Mazda Information

I go to Temple of VTEC to talk shop about MOPAR.

Santa_Claus_Died_Owned.jpg

for the record, having personally disassembled and reassembled many, i believe the DISI engine has the potential for crank walk.

crank walk, if you gotta ask, it's aready too late LMAO..

Seriously, it won't be a problem for many, but there is more potential for it on the disi engines than you would like to believe. Mazda made a lot of very good choices when designing this engine, but in true automotive engineering tradition left a few stinkers in there for good measure :)

Hmmm... Crankwalk comes between "cranktastic" and "crankwhore" in the Urban Dictionary. Good to know.

i'd say my crank is pretty cranktastic. it doesnt like to walk, but it loves to crank dat batman and superman a ho once in a while.

edit: feeling moderately ashamed of myself now for having written that...

Back