Is this Normal?

My passenger windshield wiper does not return all the way down. I can push it a little, but that's pretty much the position it stays in. This is a 2010 Touring, with only 3000 miles. It drives me nuts and is a distraction. I started to notice this a few weeks ago, but I am pretty sure it was not like that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ours sits up a little, but not quite as much as the picture you posted. It's not enough to bother me and I've never really noticed it before. If it's like most wipers, you can remove the wiper arm (pretty sure it's just a bolt under the cover) and "re-seat" it down a notch or two. They basically sit on a grooved cylinder, for lack of a better term, and you can put the wiper arm on whichever teeth you want. Maybe things have changed since I last pulled a wiper arm off, but that's the way it was for me, and that was off a 2004 vehicle, so not that long ago. In any case, the dealer should be able to adjust the arm so it doesn't stick up as much. I'd be very surprised if they can't do that for you.

here's mine

screenshot20100621at928.png

Last edited:
At rest, mine is fully within the black 'band' surrounding the windshield, so from the inside, you can only see the top of it. Yours looks like the wiper itself is sticking up beyond the black band?

It's too high. I took a pic of mine from my Blackberry, take a look......car needs a wash. (spin)

Attachments

• IMG00094-20100622-2141.jpg
    IMG00094-20100622-2141.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 389
It looks like it's one notch too high on the post splines. Have the dealer adjust it. Do NOT loosen the nut and move the arm, or you will strip the splines.

Yeah, checked out mine today and it's definately not that high. Mine is the same as Xarthan's

I think yours is just one notch too high. Should be easy to lower.

Yup, mine doesnt sit that high either. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap replacement blades online? I think I jacked my rear wiper blade up over the winter using it an ice storm in the mountains. Thx ya'll.

Back