Is This Motor Mount Broken? (Image Attached)

That's interesting about the 626 front mount.

Though... is that an OEM mount? I've seen cases before where mounts that parts stores and whatnot sell are totally different from OEM ones. Heck on my GF's focus, I cheaped out and ended up getting a mount with only a rubber bushing where the stock mount was fluid filled.

I don't think those are actually OEM mounts. It just says "OEM quality" Also, $129 for all 4 mounts seems way cheap for real OEM stuff.

I have the part numbers for the P5 and they are different than what are listed on Amazon's website. Can someone confirm that these will fit in a P5 because I need motor mounts as well

Be the guinea pig... if they don't work, send them back :)

I have the part numbers for the P5 and they are different than what are listed on Amazon's website. Can someone confirm that these will fit in a P5 because I need motor mounts as well

I bought the Amazon ones and have all installed except the rear. When I took off the OEM, I set them side by side to the Amazon ones and they are the same sizes. I will be installing the rear tomorrow...hopefully.

Bad to keep driving that way? On a certain level, eventually you could run into driveability issues more than anything. Just hard to start or shift into gear. Personally, I think the stockers are way too soft, but be careful with upgrading to solid mounts as it can cause unwanted vibrations in the cabin.

Ease of install really depends on your mechanical knowledge, I'd probably say it's a 5-6 with the rear mount being the most troublesome, but you could be more or less mechanical than I and rate it differently. It should only take a few hours to knock them all out, just be sure to support the engine as you change them.

Where to find the mounts? Try this

What is the durometer? Would you say these are for daily driving?

I finally got around to ordering the set from Amazon. I just installed the front, passenger and transmission mounts and they are identical to the stock ones they replaced. I put them side-by-side for comparison and the thickness of the material, location of welds, and shape of the bushings are all the same. For $130 for all four mounts I'm happy with my purchase. The passenger and front mounts were super easy...30 minutes each. The transmission mount took me 3 hours...but a better mechanic could easily do it in 2. The large connector bolt wouldn't budge and I could feel the head starting to round out. I hemmed and hawed and wasted an hour with the Liquid Wrench and tapping method then finally decided to move/remove more of the intake and coolant reservoir so I could fit my pneumatic impact wrench in there. The gun and a 6 point socket spun it right out. The rear mount looks intact and it's very difficult to access the fasteners so I'll save it for another day. I'm guessing 4-5 hours of work considering my novice skill level.

^^considerable difference now after installing the mounts?

my mounts are toast as well but dind't really wanna spend that much on the brand name mounts..

how would u rate the amazon ones?

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting there to be much of a difference since the replacement motor mounts looked and felt identical but there's definitely less drivetrain lash now. Taking off in first is only slightly better but shifting through second, third and fourth feels nicer.

AWR and Corksport make inserts. One brand does the front and rear while the other brand does the passenger side and transmission mount. I did a little homework and stock mounts with aftermarket inserts seem to offer the best compromise of stiffness and vibration dampening. I'd say to look carefully at the mounts and make a judgement call. If they look badly worn, dried out, porous, etc then you might want to replace the mounts. I got the Amazon set for $130 and they appeared identical to the stock ones I removed so I feel I got a good deal. I considered adding inserts but I'm too lazy to take everything apart again. If I had to do it again I would purchase the same mounts plus the inserts and install everything at once. If your mounts don't look too bad then the inserts might be a good solution. They're cheaper and easier to install than replacing the whole mount and they help reduce engine movement/drive lash...especially on a standard shift. Soooo...to answer your question...the metal part of the mounts should be fine. See how the rubber looks and go from there. It's possible to do just inserts.

Thanks dude. And I know they need done soon, lot of motor movement. Even enough to shift my exhaust to a new spot everytime I look at it...

As stated before on mounts that have been filled in, anyone filled them in? What are your thoughts? Vibration a problem? I am thinking of doing this for the time being as I am now on a tight budget to get the P5 on the road.

Just need front Sway Bar Links, Replace ( or repair ) both passenger and driver including the front with an OEM mount, new passenger axle and she is mobile. Tires get mounted this Saturday.

What online stores (reputable) are there that sell motor mounts or aftermarket inserts?

A long time ago, my first car had vibration issues. I never knew it back then since it was my first car but it was probably the motor mounts. Anyway, the whole car vibrated at the same rate as the engine's RPMs and it was a VW Rabbit so that was a 1800 pound vibrator. When I drove my parents Chevy station wagon, it felt like I was driving a Rolls Royce. So sad.

Protege garage or straight from awr. I think corksport has some too but I don't remember if they have them for our cars.

Back