Is this car an hot item??

DC2R

My coworker picked up his Dark blue P5 3 months ago and usually street parking in Jersey of so so neighborhood. This morning he found his driver door lock pulled out and the thieve broke his steer column trying to start car but eventually they gave up leaving behind quite of damages.
I never knew this type of car is hot item in the black market?
:mad:

yes welcome to the boards...hey, people stole my stock rims and tires off my car!

I doubt it was a professional... must've been some dumb kid...

First, of all why would you need to pull the door lock out?
Second, why would you leave so much damage when it is pretty easy to get going fairly clean?
Third, why was the car still there and not being chopped down in some shop?

Last time I talked to our local dealer they said be careful - they had some P5 rims and tires stolen off the lot! I guess those wheel lock things will be useful after all...

Damn, after reading this I am thinking of buying an alarm for my MP3. I've had it for going on 2 years now and no ones messed with it....yet Although I'd be grateful if someone stole my MP3 wheels, because that means I'd get the insurance money for some new wheels. Just as long as they don't drop my car on it's rotors after they're done.

They musta been the chrome ones...?

Nope. Polished. They stole them less than 2 hours after I left for Iraq. We had a layover in Germany, and I got to call my wife, she told me that when she came back from dropping me off, my car was sitting on jackstands in the front and the rotors in the rear...then when the insurance company sent out a flatbed to take it to the dealership to have the back rotors fixed and new wheels and tires put on, they used a winch and dragged it up the back of the flatbad on its rotors, totally ruining them, the exhuast, and the rear bumper...the insurance company gave us our 100 comprehensive deductable back for ******* up

maybe im wrong, i meant the base model silver crappy ass rims...linux let me make you a SIG!!!!

Back