Is this another resonator?

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
by removing the intake resontaor, did you notice any power gains and better gas mileage?
I percieved better power and better mileage but I took the res off just after the break-in period so I may have been that.

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
by removing the intake resontaor, did you notice any power gains and better gas mileage?

Any real gains were minimal but the "woot-woot" factor was WAY up. (cool)

Agreed

goldwing2000 said:
Any real gains were minimal but the "woot-woot" factor was WAY up. (cool)
I could have gone slower as long as I had the "woot-woot"

Loose said:
I percieved better power and better mileage but I took the res off just after the break-in period so I may have been that.
Loose said:
OIC. iIn that case congrats and welome to the resonator-less population who burn more gas because they love the sound of thier 3 w/o that giant POS thing on thier car.

Tim
didnt you say that you burn more gas with the resonator off

TuRbOtEcTicS said:

That's not because of the lack of a resonator, it's because it sounds so cool when you open the throttle. That's the "woot-woot" factor we were talking about. :D

Context

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
What I said was you burn more gas because you step on the gas harder to get the "woot-woot" sound from the resonator being off. If you drive the car in the highest gear possible and don't bring the rpm's over 3500 you will get great gas mileage even though yotook the resonator off.

Questions:
1. Did you take the res off?
2. If so, have you taken the car out and put your foot to the firewall?
3. Did you hear the diffrence w/o the resonator?

If you ansewred yes to #3 then you now know the "woot-woot"

Tim

Last edited:
Back