Is this a Protege?

Foolish

...of Awesometon
:
'94 Miata! '10 Mazda5 Sport 5MT, '16 Mazda3 S GT
Whatever this is, it's so body-kitted that I'm not sure.

The door, window and fender shapes make me think it may be a Pro. They've slapped on a Skyline GTR-looking front end, including headlights, so I don't even know what it is.

Any guesses? Anybody have any more pictures of this car? I found it searching popular pictures on Smugmug.

Last edited:
I believe i see a nissian badge on the front, the smaller, older style. Headlights don;t look like a Protege at all either.

I believe i see a nissian badge on the front, the smaller, older style. Headlights don;t look like a Protege at all either.

what he's saying is it looks like someone did a skyline front end conversaion on a protege

I'm not so sure about the door handles, now that I've looked a bit more. I guess it shouldn't shock me that this car looks like it could be a Protege, as small four-doors are going to look kind of alike.

I'm thinking it isn't a 3rd gen Protege. I'm not familiar enough with the 2nd gen to decide. The door handles are too flat to be Protege door handles, though the body lines on the doors do match up pretty well.

FOr sure not a protege. look at the 3rd window on the back door, it has a slant on it and proteges are straight.

it looks like a 4 door mitsu mirage, but they never made one that i am away of.... but then again, if you look inside the car, the huge tach is facing what would be the passanger seat in US, so maybe it's from overseas....

Wipers are going the wrong way. Oversized tach on the dash points to the passenger side.....

edit: damn you beat me to it!

its an evo wanna be like i mentioned ^^^^ no one would do that to a real evo, (theres a 4 dr mirage parked at a local kmart all the time that looks similar.)

just curious though...did they make a right-hand mirage? That's why I said its an evo, I dont really know my mirages but I also have seen many evo looking mirages but all of them left-hand drive.

hmm your right.... it may be a real EVO. poor EVO, its a sad sad day when they mess with something that was soo beautiful.

DE31 said:
hmm your right.... it may be a real EVO. poor EVO, its a sad sad day when they mess with something that was soo beautiful.

i hear you...

benben84 said:
just curious though...did they make a right-hand mirage? That's why I said its an evo, I dont really know my mirages but I also have seen many evo looking mirages but all of them left-hand drive.

they did make a Lancer that looks just like the 5 an 4g mirages that was rhd.

Back