is this a good price 2012 GT AWD

stageup

sticker is 40,400, it has bose + power liftgate, nav. in white
i want it w/o nav so is it worth telling them to take it off or find one w/o nav and offer 35k, or split the nav diff with them and offer like 35.5k ?
i kinda want to get the cx-9 now before they change it to the 4cyl, we will also be trading in our 09 cx-7 sport, kbb is ~13k, and he offered me between 12-13 for it which isn't bad. i owe 7 on the cx-7.

here is the email i got back

"I have a the vehicle your looking for available. I will have a copy of the window label below so you can verify the equipment. The only incentive that cannot be combine with the 0% is the $1500 Dealer Cash. I will send you a quote based on the 0% and if decide not to take the financing you can subtract the $1500 from the price. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me me directly. Thanks,

Mazda E-Price: $37,912
Mazda Owner Loyalty <$500>
Mazda APR Bonus <$500>
Dealer Bonus <$250>

Net Price $36,662 + T&L

0% financing available at this price"

or what's the lowest you think i can get them to?

edit: damn after checking out the main forums, it appears people are getting under 35k including dealer fees + TTL.
now i'm not sure what i should counter with LOL

Last edited:
I doubt you will find a loaded GT without Nav. I didn't want Nav and the dealer did look. I sat there with my salesman and spent an hour looking through inventories. The only way you could possibly get one without is a factory order. Even if you could find a dealer willing to put in a factory order, you would end up paying full retail.

I ended up negotiating $1655.00 off the price, the cost of the Nav upgrade. It took almost 2 weeks of back and forth but I got my price.

If you got them to give you the Nav credit, you would be at $35K. Not unrealistic.

Last edited:
You can go to mazdausa.com and search the inventory of your nearby dealers to see
if there are any GT w/o navi exist. If you must have one, you will end up
1) persuade one dealer to do so
2) pay more (to compensate dealer in case you change your mind leaving the dealer holding a non-popular vehicle - this could be up to $1K).
3) Wait for 1-2 months

No comments on price from me since I am not in the market.

I paid 34,299 with nav in March in Penna--but I didn't take the financing. I saw plenty of GT's in dealer inventories without nav in the Philly area.

33 or 34 for the awd? damn that's low LOL, i'll see if i can get it that low, i will be taking the 0% as it saves me money over the 1500 cash compared to my credit unions 2.98% apr right now.

so i emailed the dealer, told him if he could get between 33-34 before TTL to let me know. i still have a year before the 2014 model comes out.

no go on the AWD but i was just quoted 31745 for a 2012 GT with bose + power liftgate + nav

i bet they will low ball me on my cx-7 trade in even tho they said they'd give me between 12-13 for it now.

Stageup, your price is not good in my opinion. Fully loaded GT 33 or 34 is a good deal.

How are you able to knock off 3-4K off invoice price before incentives? I'm struggling with a few just to get a couple HUNDRED off invoice...

it was a 5yr sale of my dealership here, it was 32999 including 500 loyalty + 500 military. i didn't qualify for 500 military so it was 33499.
checked edmunds and there's a 1500 and 250 incentive right now so 33499 - 1500 - 250 = 31749. we really want the awd but lowest they would
go on the same thing but AWD is ~35-36.

Back