Is this a good idea?

Shades

:
Lexus GS 300
So, I spot an RX-7 for sale today while I'm driving to lunch. I hope out and check it out. Sign says 1983, limited edition badge on the side (did they make limited editions in 83?) It's got 150K miles, and sells for 1200$ american.

What would all y'all say the verdict on this be? Should I take the B out for a test drive?

well 150k is alot ask them to look under the hood and underneath the cars itself, when lookin under the hood look for plugs and wires (if their old or new) also when lookin under the car look for how much rust there is cuz rust sprays arent exactly cheap, trsut me i mknow since i work at GM...also when road testin it, watch for misfires or any ride troubles or sounds eg) brakes or wuteva

lmao @ your avatar! Blanka was my playa back in the day...

Test drive it and make doubly sure to ask if the motor has been replaced. look for rust (if you can) under the body near the storage bins (bout midway) and run your hands along the fender lips and under the rocker panels to check for more common rust spots. I'd say it'd be worth it if the engine was recently replaced (but enough miles to make sure the "new" engine isn't having any issues) and it has little rust. :D

good luck!

oh and also look at the stance and listen for suspension issues. shocks for those years aren't expensive, but it can be if you aren't a do-it-yourself'er.

she's old, so she's gonna have some play in the wheel, but make sure it's not too much. don't want a highway wanderer. :D

Eh - iz too late now. I already spent the money on something else.

and yeah... Blanka pwnz :)

server equipment and a computer. What can I say? I'm starting a business. (yeah, I'm a nerd)

no need to go back to sn - street fighter 20th anniversery addition on PS2 is teh pwnX0r

Shades said:
server equipment and a computer. What can I say? I'm starting a business. (yeah, I'm a nerd)
you're not a nerd. You have good enough sense to invest in your company rather than to blow it on a money pit. :D I love intelligent men who have vast knowledge of computers/networks, ect.

no need to go back to sn - street fighter 20th anniversery addition on PS2 is teh pwnX0r
whaaaa?? 20th anni?! Am I THAT old?! ;) :D

I'm gonna have to look for that one...

Latest posts

Back