Is there a way to...(driving light question)

52804x4

:
'16 Mazda CX-5 GT
Has anyone found a "hack" to be able run your factory driving/Fog lights without having your headlights on? There are times I would just like to run my parking/marker lights and my driving/fog lights. There was a way to rig my Jeep to do this but, can't for the life of me remember how right now.

Last edited:
There is a rather extensive sequence of button pushing that would allow for you to have control of the daytime running lights. I don't know if that would allow you to accomplish what you want. If you search for "turning off the daytime running lights", you should find it.

Driving lights? They are meant to help the high beams and are not an option here. I assume you mean the fog lights.

Everyone seems to call them something else. I am referring to the lower lights in the front bumper, that (just about) all CX-5's have. I call them fog lights. Some don't.

You can have parking lights and DRL on at the same time, with no headlights or fog lights.

But, I think you can only have fog lights on, if your headlights are on.

It would be kind of cool to have parking lights + fog lights + DRL, all on, but, the headlights off, but, I don't think that's a valid combination.

Back