Is there a Performance Chip

flyinMP3

Hey guys, i am failry new to the site, and i need to know if there is a chip built for the MP3. I am lookin for some things for the car to add some horsepower...not 3 grand worth of horsepower. I am thinkin about a new exhaust system but if tghere is a chip. ill do it...any info would be great
thanx dudes

there is no "chip" per se for the Protege ECU. Our ECU is a whole different beast compared to ones found on other cars and cannot be bypassed, flashed or reprogrammed for horsepower purposes quite as easily. The MP3's computer has the timing advanced anyhow for a supposed 10 HP increase over the stock Protege.

Avoid the "electric supercharger" and "o2 sensor" mods that you will be sure to find on eBay - worthless. You will get a snappier throttle response and slight horsepower increase from an intake / exhaust combination, and you could always bolt on a lighter flywheel and heavier duty clutch for quicker off the line performance.

I'd tell you to go turbo, but read up on that first - you don't want to blow an engine, take it from me :(

Back