Is it possible to swap in a mazdaspeed engine?

I have searched for this and no one has anything on it. Has anyone ever done the swap? Wouldnt it work if you have the same year model and transmission?

Tell me your thoughts(gossip)
hahaha

yeah man the mazdaspeed engine is that same engine that is in a protege5 the only difference may be some internals and a turbo. to my knowledge this is correct cause most of the parts can be switched between the protege, protege 5 and the mazdaspeed protege. i'd do some research to find out for sure though.

yeah man the mazdaspeed engine is that same engine that is in a protege5 the only difference may be some internals and a turbo. to my knowledge this is correct cause most of the parts can be switched between the protege, protege 5 and the mazdaspeed protege. i'd do some research to find out for sure though.

I was talking about the mazda 3 swaping in a mazdaspeed 3 engine.
But you were right about the protege

i'm a little bit lost. Are you referring to the MSP engine or the MS3 engine?

I think the biggest issue, as far as clearance goes, is going to be the tmic. I know the MS3 has a taller hood to account for this so you may have to go with a fmic instead. Other than that, i think it could work. just make sure that you get the ecu and harness

he's talking about putting the MS3 engine into a normal 3.

i believe it can be done but it's a shitload of work. plus it's expensive since there aren't exactly a ton of those engines hanging around in junk yards yet. you'll also probably want the transmission (may even need it) and you'll def need a new ecu. you'll probably have to upgrade most of the fuel system to deal with the higher pressures of the direct injection.

i believe it can be done. the question is why bother? turbo your normal 3 and put in a LSD for cheaper, better, more reliable power for less work.

It has been done but you would have to do alot of modifications in order to get it to fit. Just recently I know someone who is running the MS3 tranny with his boosted 3 engine.

Back