IS 300 rims on msp...

2003.5_MSP

:
2003.5 MSP
What to know what all you think bout Lexus IS300 rims on my 03.5 msp...reason in asking is bc all the oem rims on my msp are curbed due to owner b4 me not knowing how to drive, and replacing them with different colored rims...two being hyper silver, and other two being silver...so i figure itll be easier to find rims that are exact size/width the only thing im unsure about is the CB....on the lexus its 60.1 and on the my msp its 67.1...anyway here is what they look like.....
lexuswheels.png

They look nice but will require you to run a spacer to make them work due to the center hole difference. I know because I bought winter rims that were for an IS300 by accident. I suggest that you also toss on longer wheel studs. there isn't much bite when the spacers are on

its not blasphemy i happen to think it looks pretty good....and like i said it would be way to much money to have mine refinished then recolored...but anyway it was a bad photo for the chop but ya the car is yellow and would want to make them gunmetal....hey zuku what size spacers would i need...and are you interested in selling those rims if not its cool

They look nice but will require you to run a spacer to make them work due to the center hole difference. I know because I bought winter rims that were for an IS300 by accident. I suggest that you also toss on longer wheel studs. there isn't much bite when the spacers are on
This. My boyfriend has an IS300 -- and for s**** & giggles one day, I tried to put his stock wheels on my MSP. Didn't work. So you'll have to invest more money to get them to mount -- wheel spacers, extended studs, etc.

Ever think about powdercoating? You'll probably wind up spending the same amount of money (if not less) powdercoating your original MSP rims, versus making the IS300 wheels work. I had the OEM 19" Rays wheels on my G35 Coupe powdercoated -- which included wheel repair -- for $300.

IS300 wheels will NOT directly fit. (may be able to MAKE fit with MONEY and PARTS) I have both in the drive way right now. The center hub on the IS300 wheels are smaller than the center hub of the MSP. However, the MSP wheels have a larger center hub and will fit the hub on the IS300.

JenWillsWedding5-22-10082.jpg

JenWillsWedding5-22-10079.jpg

Last edited:
Ever think about powdercoating? You'll probably wind up spending the same amount of money (if not less) powdercoating your original MSP rims, versus making the IS300 wheels work. I had the OEM 19" Rays wheels on my G35 Coupe powdercoated -- which included wheel repair -- for $300.

where did you have the G35 coupe wheels powdercoated/wheel repair for only $300...if i can find someone around springfield oh area to do them for that prce i will do so....but they are curbed extremely bad like all way around rim bad....any help will be appreciated....the guy before me = not knowing how to drive

where did you have the G35 coupe wheels powdercoated/wheel repair for only $300...if i can find someone around springfield oh area to do them for that prce i will do so....but they are curbed extremely bad like all way around rim bad....any help will be appreciated....the guy before me = not knowing how to drive
A guy in the Philadelphia area. Kinda far for you to transport your wheels!

Are you a member of any local car forums in Ohio, or do you know of any other 'car people' who live in your area? Usually word of mouth is the best way to find a good powdercoater nearby -- I'd ask some friends, or make a thread in the Ohio subforum asking people if they can recommend a powdercoating shop. Or hell, even try a search in Google. Good luck!

I did a quick search in Google for you. Found one powdercoater in Springfield:
http://www.aepowdercoating.com/index.html

And I found a powdercoater in Cincinnati, which I actually found through some forums that had good things to say about the shop. Looks like the shop will be a bit of a drive for you to get to, but sometimes, it's worth it!
http://www.wheeldoctorohio.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Thanks guys i did a google search and i found some locally here in dayton only 6 minutes away from where i live....going to check them out sometime today and possibly get a quote

I'm not sure how much the longer wheel studs are but the spacers I bought were cheap I think around $15-$20 each pair at pepboys. I had to replace one of mt studs a couple years back I thing it cost me around $5-8 for that one at O'Rielly's. so your looking at $130-200 plus your time it takes to swap the studs.

^^^These winter wheels you bought that were for an IS...did you have them bored out?

so does anybody know if $740 that a placed quoted me today is high? The other place quoted me around $580 for all for tires....both of the prices include repair/refinish

^^^These winter wheels you bought that were for an IS...did you have them bored out?

No. I did absolutly nothing to the wheels. The only thing I did was add the spacers and ran them. Since it was my winter set-up on snow tires, I didn't bother going with the longer wheel studs. I barely drive the MSP in thw winter and when I do it's super slow and careful. I don't get enough traction in the rain let alone the snow and slush to push my luck.
If I was going to run the IS wheels in the summer on dry hot pavement I would invest in the extra bite of the longer studs. It would suck to break a wheel loose just to save some $$.

Back