Ipods in 3's

prboy3

:
Mazda3 Black Mica Auto
Hey guys and gals...
I'm looking foward buying an iPod this month but I wanted to see it installed on a 3. Just to see creative ideas with them.

Please post pics:

PRBOY3

Some info..

prboy3 said:
Hey guys and gals...
I'm looking foward buying an iPod this month but I wanted to see it installed on a 3. Just to see creative ideas with them.

Please post pics:

PRBOY3

What type of iPod are you getting? One of the new G4 iPods? The Photo iPod? I read another thread where someone purchased an iceLink to hook up an iPod to their 3. You can find it at iPod iceLink . You might want to check that out.

Also, if you're willing to buy a used one, you can check this out: G3 40gig iPod for sale .

i hacked my radio and soldered a cable to the cd input line (you dont have to do that anymore) and ran the cable and put a female 1/8 conector so i can hook the ipod to ma radio.... oh btw u have to use a "blank" cd ( an track with nothing on it ) so u can hear your ipod here is the picture

Attachments

• DSC00143.JPG
    DSC00143.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • DSC00142.JPG
    DSC00142.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,069
Check out the VW "pod" edition bugs..They had a charging sync cradle as part of the cup holder. Looks pretty cool. However, at radioshack we sell the iPod "car kit" charges AND connects to your FM radio without hacking up your car..just plug it in.

use the aux input with a pac to mazda piece. Alpine has a new ipod controller and it works pretty well but you can only have 255 songs in each folder.

prboy3 said:
Hey guys and gals...

Please post pics:

PRBOY3

Finall my G$ iPod is here...I bought the iTrip (FM tuner) for the ipod...Works great for mobile purposes...I'm looking for an input option for my radio...maybe if its posible using the MD button...don't know...

Thanks

PRBOY3

Pioneer will will putting out an iPod dock for their units in the first quarter of 2005, if you're looking to change out the stock headunit.

bluntman said:
Bluntman:
Like what you did for the CF trim. Looks clean. And please tell me where to get those Pedals...Those look very nice.

All:
What is the cheapest way of conecting you ipod to the HU?

PRBOY3

prboy3 said:
Bluntman:
Like what you did for the CF trim. Looks clean. And please tell me where to get those Pedals...Those look very nice.

All:
What is the cheapest way of conecting you ipod to the HU?

PRBOY3

I didn't like the look of the fake CF trim. I bought a dash strip of off a 2.0L Mazda3. As for the pedals, those are available from Mazda, they are the North American aluminum pedal covers. I also found a similar dead pedal too, an AC Schnitzer knock off nonetheless!

The cheapest way to connect your iPod to your stereo would be either an iTrip or either of these hacks...see post #5.

deadpedal.jpg

Last edited:
i bought a deck with an aux input on the front, and i have the cupholder mount from belkin for my ipod. Wires out and about, but its a temporary solution. A long-term temporary solution...

Ipod installed...

Finally got my ipod in a place easy to manage...
Take a look....for me the iTrip works fine...

PS used a Walgreens Cell Phone Case/Stand Whatever they are called..LOL

PRBOY3

Attachments

• IPOD MOD 005.jpg
    IPOD MOD 005.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 1,153
MrGone said:
What type of iPod are you getting? One of the new G4 iPods? The Photo iPod? I read another thread where someone purchased an iceLink to hook up an iPod to their 3. You can find it at iPod iceLink . You might want to check that out.

Also, if you're willing to buy a used one, you can check this out: G3 40gig iPod for sale .

I got the neo ion. It's like the icelink but cheaper and you can get it from www.mp3yourcar.com I really like mine (cool)

how does it work?
Steering Wheel controls the ipod?
sound quality?
plug and play thing?

would like to see pics...if any...

Thanks

PRBOY3

how did you plug you ipod to you radio??????

i hacked my radio and soldered a cable to the cd input line (you dont have to do that anymore) and ran the cable and put a female 1/8 conector so i can hook the ipod to ma radio.... oh btw u have to use a "blank" cd ( an track with nothing on it ) so u can hear your ipod here is the picture

can you please send me the pics of how you plug the ipod to the radio, cause i have no idea of whats a 1/8 conector je je

please thank ypou

can you please send me the pics of how you plug the ipod to the radio, cause i have no idea of whats a 1/8 conector je je

please thank ypou

You realize that that post was from nearly four years ago, right? The soldering input method was popular when the 3 first came out as there weren't any other hardwired methods to use. If you want to add an input I highly recommend going with one of the off the shelf units which just plug into the stereo.... they start at about $50. Check out the audio input thread stickied at the top of this forum for details.

Also a 1/8" connector is the same thing as a 3.5mm jack.... basically a headphone plug.

Back