iPhone 6 and the current setup

EddieFord33

:
2015 CX5
Don't work, my son's friend works at a store, they have the 6's in the back room and he took my CX5 with him to work. (There training all this week with I6) Well, without going into detail, the txt don't work and the streaming has hiccups. It cuts in and out. Going back to my iPhone 5S, the streaming us just OK, but no txt as well.

Totally discussed when making my car payments. Heck my daughter cheap as Kia txt system works great with any iPhone.

This doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately for all the folks who were hoping that a new iPhone or new OS 8 would solve the problems with the text messaging and streaming they appear to be out of luck. There needs to be a major update to the NAV system to get these features to work properly.

The streaming issue could be with ios8, the app running on the phone, or some combination. On my phone, a recent spotify update sometimes pauses it between songs.

I really hope mazda creates an upgrade path to mazda connect for older than 2016 model years. It seems the third party manufacturer shut down the division before they worked out all the bugs.

My ex T-Mobile S3 and now the Note3 works. Message can be viewed only when stopped. My phone always works(connects) and every time I try streaming music, it works. Usually, I listen to the radio though.

I have found that the key to having the text messages work is to always delete the text messages on your phone you are finished with them, especially if they have a picture or video attached. When I keep the messages to a minimum on my Galaxy S4, I always get the messages showing up in the vehicle and the head unit reads them just fine when I push the speak icon. Is it ideal? Of course not, but it DOES work. And I have found that I really don't need all of those old text messages anyway.

Samsung Note3 T-Mobile:
20140916_082459.jpg

I have a Galaxy S4 (Sprint), and the text message download works, AS LONG AS YOU DON"T HAVE A LOT OF TEXT MESSAGES STORED ON YOUR PHONE.

The CX-5 must download EVERY text message, and it has (seemingly) limited memory to hold all of them. If you have too many, the download will fail. Archive the messages on your phone (many apps can do this), delete the messages, and try again.

Once some people sent me some picture texts, I'm out of luck again. It does work with the S4.

how, i can even see it. how do you get it to read it?

If you can get it to actually download your text message (which is difficult in and of itself) then it will read to you. Before it stopped working on my car I could have my messages read aloud to me and I could also choose from a couple of short messages to send back or dictate a reply.

OK, here's how it works on my 2014 GT...

When a text messages arrives, this is the screen that shows:

After you tap the "Download Now" button, this is the screen that shows. You simply tap the little loudspeaker button (I have circled it in white) and the message starts to be read,

If you tap the other button by mistake while driving, you will get the following screen. In that case, just tap the "Read" button and the message will be read.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
Doesn't work with HTC One M8 either
Works fine for my M8. Both with AT&T firmware and with "developer edition" firmware. However, as I've noted elsewhere, I have to delete the pairing, reboot both devices, and repair them every couple of weeks.

Back