iPhone 5

Hey all,
My wife and I are experiencing the same issues with our new iPhone 5's. I lost "shuffle" control when connected via bluetooth. And I also can not use the voice dialing. If I attempt to, a call is placed to a crazy number. It was funny at first..... at first.

I have yet to try the phones via USB.

I eagerly look forward to seeing if anyone else has made any progress.

Has this issue been resolved yet? It appears that some people have problems and others do not suffer the problems.

Any resolve on this incoming call issue over Bluetooth yet?

From the apple forums:
"As of today, the problem is fixed, YEA!! If any of you are having trouble pairing up your Iphone to your car, here's what I did. My IPhone 5 was paired up with my car, a Mazda CX-5. I could dial out fine, hear music fine, but could not receive a call.....specifically, the call would come in but neither of us could hear each other. I called Apple Care (1-800-APLCARE) & here's what we did:

1. Hard reset on the phone: hold both on/off button & the home button down at the same time until the phone resets.

2. Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings

I believe that this 2nd step is what solved the problem. You'll have to reset your WIFI password. Hope this helps everyone."

If anybody tries the above please let us know if it works. I had been planning to get an iphone 5 but held off because of this issue.

Hi there,

I am a member of a larger discussion on Apple's website and I'm trying to consolidate this thread - please see here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4313768?start=585&tstart=0

I also recently found a workaround for the incoming call issue - though I can't say if it works permanently. I tried it once without this, and it did not get picked up by the hands free unit. After applying the fix, it worked. Check it out and tell me if it works for you.

On the iPhone, do this:

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Physical & Motor -> Incoming Calls -> Set to "Headset"

I can use skip as well as play/pause for the music over BT, and meta data will show as well. I just can't shuffle/repeat or skip through folders/albums.

Refer to the mentioned thread.

Also, please see here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Saphod/status/273710233698856960

Last edited:
Hi there,

I am a member of a larger discussion on Apple's website and I'm trying to consolidate this thread - please see here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4313768?start=585&tstart=0

I also recently found a workaround for the incoming call issue - though I can't say if it works permanently. I tried it once without this, and it did not get picked up by the hands free unit. After applying the fix, it worked. Check it out and tell me if it works for you.

On the iPhone, do this:

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Physical & Motor -> Incoming Calls -> Set to "Headset"

I can use skip as well as play/pause for the music over BT, and meta data will show as well. I just can't shuffle/repeat or skip through folders/albums.

Refer to the mentioned thread.

Also, please see here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Saphod/status/273710233698856960

Thanks for that... I hope it works.

iphone 5 issue

Thanks for that... I hope it works.

i just tried the phone settings method - still didnt work.

also i noticed people also get iPod error sometimes - i discovered that the charging cable needs to be swapped around (it has 19 pins) if inserted wrong way, it will charge, and be recognised, but wont play music.

I tried the phone settings as designated above and I can now receive calls normally. (iPhone 5 iOS 6.01)

Well, I don't know if it's Mazda or Apple, but I can say that I have NO Bluetooth problems in my wife's 2010 Mazda 3 nor did I in my old 2010 CX-7 (which I traded for my new CX-5). Both pair(ed) and operate(d) just fine with my iPhone 5 using both iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1.

Now with the "new" Bluetooth in my CX-5, I have no Siri capability and when I answer calls using the steering wheel or touch screen, I have no audio. Outgoing calls work fine.

Mazda, Apple, can we have a fix please?

Well, I don't know if it's Mazda or Apple, but I can say that I have NO Bluetooth problems in my wife's 2010 Mazda 3 nor did I in my old 2010 CX-7 (which I traded for my new CX-5). Both pair(ed) and operate(d) just fine with my iPhone 5 using both iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1.

Now with the "new" Bluetooth in my CX-5, I have no Siri capability and when I answer calls using the steering wheel or touch screen, I have no audio. Outgoing calls work fine.

Mazda, Apple, can we have a fix please?
same problem with me, it works for outgoing call, but when I answer incoming call with steering wheel there's no audio, any solution?

It works for me! but dont forget to unpair your device then pair it again, after that restat your iphone5, now it works both for incoming and outgoing, please try it guys!

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 Beta 3 now works. Had the same problem with 3 different iPhone 5s (iOS 6.01) in the family - consistently couldn't answer incoming calls handsfree (CX-5 GT). After Network reset and iOS 6.1 Beta 3 install all 3 iPhone 5s now answer incoming calls everytime - rock solid.

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 Beta 3 now works. Had the same problem with 3 different iPhone 5s (iOS 6.01) in the family - consistently couldn't answer incoming calls handsfree (CX-5 GT). After Network reset and iOS 6.1 Beta 3 install all 3 iPhone 5s now answer incoming calls everytime - rock solid.

Have you had any luck getting siri to work with the beta version? I'm still unable to get siri to go through bluetooth or USB through the cars audio system.

Everything works!

Have you had any luck getting siri to work with the beta version? I'm still unable to get siri to go through bluetooth or USB through the cars audio system.

Just installed iOS 6.1 beta 4. Siri now works correctly with hands free. Hands free answer is still working 100% of the time.

Just installed iOS 6.1 beta 4. Siri now works correctly with hands free. Hands free answer is still working 100% of the time.

That's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks for the update on this. Looking forward to the next iOS update.

My Iphone 5 has been working mostly seamlessly since I got it. The only thing I have had any issue with is getting Siri to work through bluetooth. Even if I push the button to bring up Siri, there is no audible tones and it kinda hangs. If I push the Bluetooth icon on the screen I can get it to work by changing over to the handset. Glad to hear this is getting fixed in the next IOS update. I wasn't sure if I just didn't know how to operate it correctly.

A quick Iphone question for anyone that might be able to help me: How do I get the voice prompt button on the steering wheel to not go through all the menu options and tutorial whenever I just want to make a call. I have been trying the voice prompts "Call Name" or "Phone Call Name". It seems like it does not like me to say it all at once and will only work if I say "Phone" wait for it to reply with some prompt options and then say "Call". It asks who I would like to call and I reply "Name". It asks if it is correct and if I want to call home, mobile, etc. After all that it always tells me next time I can say "Phone Call Name Mobile" to streamline the process. Anyone have any feedback of this working well or not working for you with an iPhone 5?

Back