iPhone 4s Bluetooth Issue

jimihat

:
Mazda CX5 Sport 2.2d (175) Nav Auto AWD
Hi All

I have an iPhone 4S which has been running IOS7 since launch without issue, today, half way through the day it suddenly failed to connect to the CX5 and I;ve been unable to get it to connect ever since. I've tried everything I can think of including resetting my network settings on the phone but I cant get anything to work. Any ideas? I'm thinking it may be a faulty bluetooth unit in the car rather than anything else but would appreciate any tips you may have.

FYI I have a 1 months old CX5 with the TomTom/Bose stereo.

I assume you have done this as well, but have you deleted and repaired the phone to the car?

A couple of times it happened with my iPhone4, just turned the phone off and turned it back on, fixed the problem.

(Yesterday I just got a iPhone5s, I plan to pair it around Friday or so.)

Hi Guys

Tried turning off then turning on again but no joy.

Also have deleted the car from my phone, cant reconnect as teh Mazda is now not discoverable. Managed to try a friends phone as well with no luck so off to the dealership today.

Dealership did a factory reset this morning and all working again. Randomly my USB stick wont work with it anymore (although the USB still works with Ipod etc). Very odd!

Got a new 2014 CX-5 Touring yesterday. I successfully setup my iPhone 4s and my wife's iPhone 4, paired OK and both contacts loaded the 1st time OK. There was another blue tooth phone at the top, so I deleted that one. Now I had an empty spot at the top and then my phone and my wife's phone, I wanted to move her phone to the top, so I deleted her's, and selected 'Forget this Device' in the iPhone settings. I paired her phone once again and the Mazda screen said loading. After success I pressed Done and then went to her Contacts, there were none and asked to Download One or All Contacts, pressed All Contacts, it stated Downloaded Successful, pressed Done again and still no Contacts. I eventually Reset to Factory Settings, now I cannot download the Contacts for either phone, same issue. The blue tooth Audio works OK. Help!

A couple of times it happened with my iPhone4, just turned the phone off and turned it back on, fixed the problem.

(Yesterday I just got a iPhone5s, I plan to pair it around Friday or so.)

Did you have success pairing your iPhone 5s? I can't get mine to pair and I feel like I've tried everything, except going to the dealer.

Well, my wife calls me and said you must have done something right, she called from the CX-5... Sure enough, she gets home and her phone contacts are there! I then paired my phone and it uploaded all contacts without a hitch. So, mystery why it acted up in the first place... All working good at this time...

When I had my 4S, everything worked fine even with iOS7 (calls, music, reconnection, and playback)...but since I've gotten my 5S hooked up with the car the wheel control for navigating through songs doesn't work anymore but the phone call and voice activation does. It also won't start play back again once I start up the car.

Maybe I should give the dealer a call.

Latest posts

Back