INTRO - 3 CX-5's in 2 years - Went all out this time! PICS!

TeeDubbDizzle

:
2016 Crystal White Pearl GT w/Tech and i-Activesense
What's going on everyone. I figured it was time to join a forum like this.

Fresh off the truck! It was time for my wife to get another new CX-5! 3 of them in 2 years...
The black car was a 2013 base CX-5 purchased used - May 2013.
Traded for the 2014 Touring New in March last year... Now has 33k miles on it.

Crystal White Pearl (as close as we can get to the GM White Diamond she loves) with Parchment! GT TECH and i-ACTIVSENSE PACK

I am a salesman in Abilene TX. I primarily sell new car GM products however we have a great variety I can sell/buy.
NEW Brands
Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Lincoln, Mazda, Volkswagen as well as lots of used cars. I've had my share of cars at just 23 years old. Some daily's and others done up. We both commute 40ish miles one way to work so the miles go up quick!

We kept seeing the commercials for the new '16 and she has been begging for it. She loves the new headlights and wheels. I loved the new tech and appearance. After sitting in one, pairing my phone and checking out the stereo I was pretty much sold. I didn't want another dark color... I can only keep it so clean when she lets me! We just happened to have this combo in transit when I got serious. It showed up today!

If anyone want's to check it out, I have a little page I've been working on :D CLICK HERE

Anyway, I'm not new to forums so what's a good thread with out pics!?

HER CARS

First one was my customer's trade in. My wife was actually was driving a 1999 Protege then.

She came to visit me at work one day and loved the color... So we traded haha.

MY CARS - I'll leave out the boring beater 2004 Cavalier.

I had this while we still lived in town. 2013 GLI APR Stage II+ Plate - VEEDUB

I'll throw in the transition daily - 2009 Impala just because it had my personalized plate like my username, it was a nickname given to me by my brother. It is also my PSN screen name. :) Plate - T DUBDZL

Moved out of town, wanted to try out another. This was my daily for 8 months and 23k miles. 2014 TDI Passat SE. Sold back to the store after our wedding. Plate - VEEDUB (in black)

For our wedding in September, I was gifted this 1985 Corvette. Built by my Uncle, more like my dad. It's been around since I was 8 years old. Very sentimental. It's my fun car. Which is why I'm ok with my new daily. It's "quick" but the best part is that it's deadly from a dig. After that well, it's 30 years old.

Finally is my 2003 BEEDER Impala. I bought this mid October with 104k today it has 124k. I've gone through and made sure it's good to go for another 100k easy.

Hope to learn some stuff. We've agreed that this is the one that we will keep a minimum of 3 years/100k miles. The plan is to just get everything on it so that there's no where left to upgrade!

Your thread photos here reveal a brand new white CX-5, a blue, and a black. But I am confused about who drives which car. You both now have CX-5's? Which colors is yours and which is hers?

Your thread photos here reveal a brand new white CX-5, a blue, and a black. But I am confused about who drives which car. You both now have CX-5's? Which colors is yours and which is hers?

I'm sorry for the confusion. I thought I did ok in the description other than the pics.

The CX-5 is her car.

White one is being purchased today.
Trading in the blue 2014 Touring that we bought last year.
We traded in the black 2013 Sport on the blue one. Clear as mud?

It was supposed to be a progression thread and introduction of sorts. I see now it looks confusing. Oops!

I'm sorry for the confusion. I thought I did ok in the description other than the pics.

The CX-5 is her car.

White one is being purchased today.
Trading in the blue 2014 Touring that we bought last year.
We traded in the black 2013 Sport on the blue one. Clear as mud?

It was supposed to be a progression thread and introduction of sorts. I see now it looks confusing. Oops!

I appreciate that both of you enjoy and have enjoyed, your various cars, which is very cool. For the 2016 GT CX-5 the pearl white is a sensational color, the dark wheels and black trim against the white exterior is really sharp looking. I expect your wife will love her new car.

Alright well, everything went well with the purchase naturally. Here are some photos. I've already tinted the windows including the sunroof and eyebrow and installed the OEM all weather mats/cargo mat.

Out with the old, in with the new!

Before

After

I think after seeing the windows done, I want to get the roof vinyl wrapped and maybe even swap the mirror caps to black. Thoughts?

Not to be nosy or anything, but did you guys pay off the loans prior of switching both the '13 & '14 models? If you didn't, how does that work? Does the remaining loan just "tack" onto the new vehicle you trade in?

Not to be nosy or anything, but did you guys pay off the loans prior of switching both the '13 & '14 models? If you didn't, how does that work? Does the remaining loan just "tack" onto the new vehicle you trade in?

That's a fair question I don't mind answering. Yes and no. The 2013 was purchased as a graduation gift from her mom so the title was clear no loan. When we traded for the 2014, it was 100% equity so we only financed like $6000.

We refinanced that one to pay one of her student loans using the equity.

When we traded for the 2016, we were able to break even. Technically we had $41 positive equity. Totally fine with me since it had 33k miles on it and she had a small fender bender.

However, as an example, yes any potential negative equity would be either due at signing or rolled into the cost of the new vehicle.

I am a salesman for our dealership, (don't know if you saw that) so it's my job to know these things. I plan to keep this one for at least 100k miles.

I purchased the 48 month 100k mile service contract for that reason. Since we are averaging ~30k miles /yr

I am a salesman for our dealership, (don't know if you saw that) so it's my job to know these things.

The white '16 model looks great!

In addition to owning an awesome car, I bet having the latest and greatest model of the CX-5 will help you succeed at work :)
You'll know all of the features of the car better than any of your co-workers and nothing will convince your customers to but as a picture of you with your cx-5.

Thanks! I can say this in here but not so much at work but... There is a heck of a lot of value in this car. My job is primarily to sell new car GM products. So me, of all people know first hand competitively things to mention. I know our GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox, Buick Encore, Chevy Trax in and out... This car for the money loaded is a very good buy just in case they are looking for an alternative. I am fortunate to be allowed to sell from any of our lots.

Examples, our GM's offer remote start as low as an LT model Equinox with convenience package. $27k - $29k price point. MSRP on my Mazda was $32,300ish. I'm a sucker for the tech and LIGHTS. We don't have anything to compare.

We've owned all trims now. Sport, Touring and now the big dog Grand Touring. I am very satisfied.

Awesome pics! The LED lighting is just amazing looking. I thought I could do without it when I decided to buy, but damn is it catchy looking. Congrats on the new car.

Alright well, everything went well with the purchase naturally. Here are some photos. I've already tinted the windows including the sunroof and eyebrow and installed the OEM all weather mats/cargo mat.

Before

After

I think after seeing the windows done, I want to get the roof vinyl wrapped and maybe even swap the mirror caps to black. Thoughts?

Are your windows tinted at 20%? Looks good. I have a white 2016 with 30% tint. That's the limit here in MO. I wanted to go darker though.

Awesome pics! The LED lighting is just amazing looking. I thought I could do without it when I decided to buy, but damn is it catchy looking. Congrats on the new car.

Thanks! I already have plans to get the paint prepped for the miles. I'll post here with all that. I told the wife I plan on driving it at least once a week.

Are your windows tinted at 20%? Looks good. I have a white 2016 with 30% tint. That's the limit here in MO. I wanted to go darker though.

The limit here is 25% front. You can go as dark as you'd like for the rear. However... I may have paid the guy cash and requested something a little darker. So his words were, I can get the fronts in the 15-20% range and apply that all around. I have not attempted to meter it out.

OP- thanks for sharing.

Rest of you (single) no luck guys take notes here. Chicks dig CX-5s. Got it? Alrighty then. (dance)

Is your wife keeping the roof rails from the blue one (they should swap) or she going topless with the new one?

Man, that little smile guy is gettin down! She loves them. Obviously haha.

Regarding the roof rails, she actually hated them on the blue one. I personally liked them. In your words, anytime she prefers to go topless is fine by me!

Well, took my car back in today and had the 35% removed and 20% added. Also had the windshield done at 35%. It's illegal, but I like the look much better. Matching the back windows makes a big difference. From what I've heard and read, I shouldn't have any issues with 20% when dealing the cops. Will probably just keep my sunroof shade open at times to make it appear a bit lighter, if need be.

Well I've had the 2016 for a year! Here's a recap of this one.

8000 miles on it, wife complained that it was hesitating to shift and while passing there would be a rev, then a hard jerk. After driving it, it was just slipping out and smacking into gear. Into service it went.
Technician followed the steps given and Mazda ended up saying do not repair. So we got a new transmission. I swear I can hear a tiny noise now but whatever.

15k miles (guessing) my wife hit a large construction barrel that was flung into the road after the person in front her nicked it. New bumper cover.

Hold on to your hats for this one. 2am, April 21st our sleepy west Texas town was rocked by an unexpected storm. Video below that was used on the news for 2 days ha! Even the next morning it looked like it snowed.

$7500 worth of damage (including the $800 windshield that was broken upon removal) and a month in the body shop I picked it up on Monday. New hood, roof, painted fenders, quarters. I tried to convince her to let me get the roof painted black but she wasn't having it. Sadly MY DAILY was deemed a total loss. I don't give a dang! I got paid and bought it back! It's not that bad.

We are sitting at 32xxx miles now. We would've been closer to 36k without the body shop time.

Overall we still love our CX5! I can't wait to get this thing to 100k and see what happens next.

OH! I almost forgot, I will search in a bit but figured I'd ask here too. What tires are people swapping to on the GT? Stocks are still ok but I like things to be overly done.

Before

After

Your front roofline is going to take rocks over the years. Wrapping will help a lot. If you go black, it would look good I think. Many manufacturers offer CF roofs on their high end vehicles. They make a very convincing CF looking wrap, if you want to take it a step further than just black.

The blue Impala looks like the drug task force units from my old town. It come from Louisiana?

No luck on the wrap. Wife says "It's just a car." Blah.

That's pretty funny about the Impala. I actually tried to get the plate to read "COPCAR" the website accepted it and I paid, but the DMV caught it and flagged it. They sent me a nice email saying it was MISREPRESENTATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. It's been in Texas it's whole life. It's just a basic one without hubcaps. I like it incognito. I used to have a Blue/white light bar in the windshield but it started annoying me.

Back