Interior accessories for fun

kelvinlht

I'm hoping to get my Mazda3 as soon as next week (still being shipped to me), but I'm already looking at possible add-ons.

Anyone have those LED scuff plates I've seen floating around on several sites? I'll consider myself pretty newbie at cars, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to hook up the scuff plates to the light (so it turns on every time a door opens).

Also I want to change the gear knob to something more fashionable. Those are just twist-ins right? So I just have to find a knob with the right dimensions and everything should be fine? (It's automatic transmission).

A big thanks!

There is a write up on here on how to install the plates, and yes the "Prendel" - PRNDL - gear shifter is removable.

Interior LEDs rock. ;) I have red tubes in my foot wells, blue LEDs in my map and dome lights and a red and blue LED in my cupholders. Color is good.

I don't have the LED scuff plates, but I want them. Cannot afford the $50 for them. However, they are easily installed.

The shift know is just unscrew able. There is a member on this forum whom custom makes authentic billiards balls into shift knobs. I have an automatic too and a 3-ball shift knob. Getting a redline boot this week in the mail. :)

what interior colour are you getting? leather seating? and yes LED lighting is really attractive!

hey zoominpoet, i love ur sig! praise the Lord! always good to see another believer, ecspecially with a 3! (wiggle)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back