Intercooler measurements

lol well back to what i was getting to. Measurements for the piping not going CAI route.
i wanna go under it. I think i'll just order the Cxracing kit. I was thinking of just picking up a used kit, since i just seen some posted.

lol well back to what i was getting to. Measurements for the piping not going CAI route.
i wanna go under it. I think i'll just order the Cxracing kit. I was thinking of just picking up a used kit, since i just seen some posted.
idk what measurements you're hoping to get... short of a template for exactly what to cut and where.. and every pipe length... and I think most of us are too happy to have our work done than to blow it all apart to take measurements and templates, etc... so you'll have to do that on your own, but there are plenty of pics and ideas for different routing options in my thread.

ahh i'll probably pick a used kit up off here from one of the guys doing a part out.
clean it out nice nice.

well if you want to wait a few days I could get you the route I took, I just need to find my digital camera and then I need to wait for my couplers to come in the mail so I can start cutting and fitting the pipes.. as far as the cai, I am a believer that a colder starting air temp only allows the IC to cool it more, or at least not as much, but then again, when it's hot out, it doesn't make a huge difference, the big difference I notice is when it's cooler outside, but that's me... again it has been debated forever and way to much.

back to the point, if you will wait a week I can tell you exactly (for the most part) where to cut, how to go and what pipes to get and whatnot, I have my main idea down right now, and my hot pipe side is all set mostly, just need to work out the cold side and the fitment with the 03 fogs and HID ballasts, but shouldn't be a problem once I get my couplers in, and I will not be going the cai way, my brother has a similar routing to what I want, but a different angled pipe, so I will be close to his, but I will get you the measurements based off of the CX racing kit, as soon as I can..

for now you should look at Wagon's link in his sig. the hot side for what Dub did is pretty much what I did, works great so far, but haven't tested the bumper out yet, and with a CF hood, I had no use for the windshield wiper fluid anyways, but if you want to keep that, look at CS FMIC instructions and do it that way..

Also if you want yo get the shortest routed Hot pipe Clock the turbo to face down. I saved about 15" of pipe that way.

^^ ya.. my brother has that on his turbo.. but I am going to wait till I build my engine and get at GT28rs till I mess around with that, also since i just welded my bov flange onto the "U" hot pipe section right off the turbo, I can wait lol

Back