Intake, MP3 Engine Cover and 1/4 mile run

Concept,

Yes the picture saying "under the hood" was a picture before I finished the intake, but if you look at the picture "Pictures of my intakte" show a full length CAI intake. I think if you read and took a look you might have noticed that.

The springs are $195 for the full set. That is direct from Racing Beat's web site.

Considering the parts were $130-$150, think about it for a minute. $50 for the K & N filter in the fender, $50 for the AEM Water By-pass, so I spend 30-50 dollars in piping and paint? (Those were the retail prices) Your saying I paid to much? So how much are you going to sell intakes for? Considering I'm educating people.

You state you know alot more about any car than I would. Doesn't matter to me, you can state that a 3 1/2 inch pipe is good for intake, and you don't need any type of pressure in the piping, but then explain to me why put 3 1/2 inch piping in a car that only has at most a 1 1/2 to 2 inch butterfly in the intake? I love to hear your reasoning on puting the extra pipe in other than looks.

Mike

first off retard. if u are doing a CAI u wanna keep as much are in. since u are gonna be going at a high speed the point is to have a large volume of COLD AIR coming in
to the Throttle body.. IF THAT IS THE CASE for what u say. smaller is better u are a retard and should change the p5 expert to p5 retard.
y do ppl upgrade the throttle body to a larger plate? y is there a 3" or 2.5: intake then funnel into a 5" mass high velocity intake?
hmmmm. i think u are too stupid to realize that .
also i never said u dont need pressure in a pipe but the pressure is not the pressure u think of. the only pressure is forced in a CAI and its a vaccum to suck in air.

and the pics that u show are of a MP3? am i not correct. cuz u can go into the normal photo album u have and it shows a yellow MP3.
so that is what i am asking do u drive A P5 or mp3...
hmm. cuz if u have a p5 and those are ur pics. than how come if u go into teh reg album it shows a MP3?

Oh the words kill me. But your spelling is worse, your grammar needs work also. Your typing doesn't make much sense. Interesting how your not a member either.

Why not look at what you say first. The Yellow car you are looking at is Ben's not mine. Go to the first posting on this thread and cut and paste those little links and you would see mine is silver and Ben's is yellow, Ben painted his strut tower brace yellow as I said in another posting in this thread.

I haven't seen you on one other Protege board at all so far, but if you had looked at other posting I have discussed the polishing and porting the throttle body for our car. If you go to a 3 inch throttle body you are going to have to change alot more than just the throttle body. Intake runners, injectors to compensate for the air coming in. You will not have the dentonation needed with all of that air. If the pipe is so large, there is no reason for it. If anyone has a conversion it might help me here, but most aftermarket manufacuers for mustangs only will go to a 70mm throttle body. Why would we have to go this large with a 2.0L and the mustang is twice the size (4.6)?

What the hell, I'll put a hole in my pipe and get more air. No pressure need in the pipe, and you loose low end torque.

If you are that great and knowledgeable person you say you are. Show some pictures of your ride. Until then I don't have any respect for your opinion.

Mike

I've got to agree with the Snomongoose. You'r arguement was very week. Also, you committed the fallacey of attack on the person. During a discussion, one should atttempt to keep from insulting the other person, since this nullifies the argument the insult is in. Moreover, i must concur with Snomongoose when he claims that you are not the most intelligent person, this comment being taken from your diction, and syntax.

P.S. Just got red neon under carriage lights put on. gettin' a custom made bodykit and headers....it's good to know people....

I don't think Snomongoose meant that smaller is better (i don't know how you came up with that). He just trying to say that sometimes making things bigger is only an overkill. This is all about flow and bottleneck. Let's say that there's a 10 lane highway that converges to a 1 lane road, it won't get any better if you increase that 10 lane highway to 20 lanes.

Thanks Douggie and Zombie, atleast some people understand me.

Mike

I put some new pictures up and had to delete some.

New pictures of the Racing Beat springs installed and I deleted the underhood shot.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Mike

seems tehre are stupider ppl more and more.
first off. 2-1/2 is not enough.. its always 3 to 4-12 to most. sometimes it funnels from 3 to 5 then back to 3.
so u 3 are so off.
and dont take things outta context. ur analogy is so stupid. 20 lanes to 1.. hmm kinda drastic.

I wonder if this guy's speech is as bad as his grammar. It is just common sense that pipe as big as 3" on a 2.0L engine is just crazy unless you are dragging for a living and running turbo and nitrous, and getting to 250mph in the 1/4 mile. Untill then, you would be wasting your money, and your torque. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm the only one that doesn't enjoy reading postings by this guy named Concept.

Even if this guy doesn't approve of what Mike has done to make his intake it doesn't really matter. All this Concept guy has done is posted a lot of crap that's difficult to read. I don't see one posting from him describing what he has done with his car and/or dyno pulls & 1/4 mile times to back up his big talk. Until then he might want to take a back seat. Actually since our new wagons have Child safety restraints now I think we could try them out on him to make sure he's safely fastened in the back seat. :p

I agree. His syntax pretty much shows his level of intelligence. We post and read all of these messages in plain english, using logic and experience to back up our posts, helping each other out and giving other members (thats right, MEMBERS) ideas and help with projects. This Concept person just babbles, complains, and spews his own ill thoughts, and does so in such fashion that it is necessary to translate from his moron-babble to plain English. He is yet to show pictures or give descriptions of his Protege5, if he even owns one. And yes, I speak of him as if he were not here, because he's not. He is a "Concept". If he were really here, he would have actual posts with real information, not a "concept" of having real knowledge. (I could go on for hours)

first off. i am the first one who will be equipped with a CORKSPORT turbo since they are making a turbo manifold. so my INJEN intake will be gone. next off what have u done with your car so far?
hmm.. i have 2-1/4" piping all the way back a 5zigen fireball exhaust. H&R Springs, B&M short shift, Centerforce stage 3 clutch, port polish and headers.. thats right boys and girl. i moved my cat back so headers will still be smog legal.. and yea my car;s warranty is void... that is because i am a sponsored car to race and for sound and looks
and at the moment i have a pakfiefer body kit coming in to be custom mounted. so i can talk all the smack i want. cuz i will be first to be regonized. plus have you ever seen a chameleon paint job.... well if u do that is my car.

Please do us all a favor. DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE. I think I speak for everybody when I say you are a <insert explicit here>

Concept,

Yeah yeah yeah. Even you stated that you would go with larger than 2 1/4 inch exhaust. And the header, nice little ticket there if you now that you aren't allowed to remove or even rolocate a cat with under 50,000 miles.

You say you move the cat? Which one? There are two. Or are you talking about the silencer.

I give up with this guy, all he does is slanderize people and then he states alot of stuff "supposedly" done to the car.

You say you are the first sponsored P5. If I do recall APC already has thier P5 out, and Jermey McGrath has a P5 repainted by Troy Lee Designs.

Man I could go on and on, but I got to agree with YellowP5 and tell you we are bored of your postings. Teach us something new other than how to try (and I mean try) to cut someone down and I might listen again.

Mike

and i want 20" wheels, and a v8 small block, and an 7" deop. Oh, i thought this was thepost for the menatlly challenged. Go get em Mike

:eek:

well i am the first on this board to be sponsored.... but wait... i am the first for speed dicknose.
and second of all u can transplant engines in. there is a ford focus zx3 in michingan with a hemi v8 rwd in it.
so i dunno what the hell u are trying to say but i think this p5 board is too stupid to realize what is to be done on this car.
the silencer i have taken off. and quite frankly tickets dont bother me because i know the police cheif and i can get almost anything ripped up.

Ok,

You want to go old school with cars now. That's too easy.

Anthony (A buddy) has a 1989 Dodge Daytona with a 440 Hemi in it Low 10's.

Rodger (another friend) is running a 383 stroker motor in his vega wagon (Now for the mentally challenged this is a Chevy motor built up) Low 9's.

Jim (another friend)runs a chevy 454 60 over in a first gen mustang (Oh no a chevy in a ford).

Alex has 460 in his 89 t-bird.

On and on and on, I say. Sponsored. I have been offered a sponsorship but I really don't like seeing who has the bigger head. There are several level of sponsorships, I could say that I'm sponsored by a shoe company. Does that make my car any faster? No it just gets me sneakers to walk in at the shows. I've seen enough Gravis stickers on cars in the shows. You state that you are getting a turbo from Corksport, Centerforce clutch, etc. but you never state who "sponsors" you.

Oh yeah, I'd love a part number on that "Centerforce Stage III Clutch" considering they don't even list a protege after 1997 and even that car doesn't have a stage 3 listed on it.

I decided this time to go back and read after the posting. port polished and headers? Well if you are referring to the the one header that we have on the motor. And isn't the correct terminology "Port and Polished head"? Porting and polishing is usually used in the meaning to clean up an area that is not being used to it's maximum potential (IE: bad welds, clean up intake runners, etc). I though you manderal bend pipes. I don't think you would need to clean up you expert work, that makes me feel inferior about mine. Am I talking to slow for you?

Your a ballon running out of air. Why not tie yourself up and fly away? I think I'm speaking for many people here.

Mike

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Snomongoose ]

Hi guys,

I am new here!

Snomongoose,

In regards to your original post, I am not able to view your pictures. I would realy like to see a picture of the MP3 engine as well as the Pro5 engine. I will be buying my Pro5 in March and I'd like to see the differance. I have never seen an MP3 in person.

I've also been reading about the red or yellow towers on Pro5 and MP3, could some one post a picture of these? What is the tower for? Excuse the ingnorance.

TIA

Vaccam,

I actually run a yahoo group, and I have had trouble with some people accessing it.

The actually difference from the MP3 motor and the P5 is just a plastic cover for the engine. Not that big of a difference, but cleans up under the hood.

The strut tower brace strengthens the actual front end of the car. I mounts between the front two struts to make the car more rigid. The MP3 has a yellow strut tower brace (alittle bigger actuallyy than the P5's red).

I have pics on my site for just my car, not a MP3 (yet).

Mike

Back