Intake installation

ok 1 last question. I think i read somewhere u have to take out one of the fuses for 5 min then put it back in, so the engine can "learn" the new intake. If its true which fuse do i have to take out

It's not the fuse, it's the battery.

-Disconnect the NEGATIVE terminal of the battery.
-Go back into the car, pump the brakes for about 15 seconds.
-Reconnect the battery
-Start car and let idle for about 5 minutes
-Re-program your radio presets and clock
-Drive

the one without the rubber cover. it's also the one with the (-) symbol on the battery. the other side will have a (+).

the intake

i hear kind of a hissing sound coming fomr the intake cone thing at the end

Rism said:
the intake

i hear kind of a hissing sound coming fomr the intake cone thing at the end

If your clamps are tight it should nto be leaking and that hissing sounds is the air passing throught the filter material so is pretty normal.

Actually it is kinda cool hearing that sound when you turn off your engine :D

Ok i got my intake all installed. Only 2 problems. My heat isnt working in the car anymore i dont know if its related to that though. and 2, where should i put this little piece that was in the old intake tube. Its circled in blue in the pic attached

Rism said:
Ok i got my intake all installed. Only 2 problems. My heat isnt working in the car anymore i dont know if its related to that though. and 2, where should i put this little piece that was in the old intake tube. Its circled in blue in the pic attached

Your heat should not be affected by the intake installation so something else is wrong.

As for that little piece, I zip tied it to the tube that goes from the valve cover to the new intake. I'll take a pic tomorrow if you want.

Back