Insurance Ripoffs

Now its going to renew for the next 6 months at $206/month.

I am shopping around again.

No claims, safe driver, 31 now. Both my deductibles are $1k now. It's absolutely absurd. I am absolutely convinced now that age doesn't mean jack in this. I have yet to see age make my rates go down once I wasn't a teenager anymore.
Check with Connect which is American Family Property and Casualty. We pay 1100.00 per year for 16 CX-5 and 19 CX-5. We switched from Nationwide which was charging us 2400.00 per year for same coverage. We have full coverage, everything in the higher multiples.

No claims or tickets in the last 10 years and we have homeowners with them so that helps a little.

Check with Connect which is American Family Property and Casualty. We pay 1100.00 per year for 16 CX-5 and 19 CX-5. We switched from Nationwide which was charging us 2400.00 per year for same coverage. We have full coverage, everything in the higher multiples.

No claims or tickets in the last 10 years and we have homeowners with them so that helps a little.

American Family is who I have right now. Last time I shopped around prices were mostly the same as what I was paying, but we'll see what happens this time.

I do think a lot of it is just zip code and I apparently live in a really bad zip code for insurance rates.

I prefer to maintain full coverage.

I was really lucky with mine I think. First car owner, relatively new license. Never been insured before. I called several brokers, all quoted more than $220. (Canadian)
Used a bunch of websites to see if I can get a better deal, there was one broker who quoted me $190. Called him, had a very long conversation; ended up getting $178 a month with Intact.
Full coverage, $500 deductible, $2 million civil liability, and 4 years of replacement coverage.
The only catch was that I had to get an anti-theft GPS device installed (Tag, installed by Mazda dealership)

... The only catch was that I had to get an anti-theft GPS device installed ...
That's to monitor YOU and your driving habits. (IMHO)

I figure Google or Apple is selling everyone's driving habits to the insurance companies anyway.

That's to monitor YOU and your driving habits. (IMHO)

I figure Google or Apple is selling everyone's driving habits to the insurance companies anyway.
So the tracking device is completely independent of the insurance company. It's not electrically connected to the car in any way, which makes me think that it won't continuously track my location as it's battery-powered. It's more of a theft deterrent than anything else, which is why insurance companies offer discounts apparently.
I was given the option to download an app that would track my driving habits, which I rejected.

How would they know who was driving?
My guess would be it doesn't matter if they (tech company) know who's driving or not, they'll sell the data anyway and insurance companies will buy it anyway based on "probable's"

I've got an extra roll of tin-foil if anyone needs some ;)
:whistle:

Back