Insurance rates for the Mazda5

Heat

A very nice thing about the Mazda5 is the insurance rate this is the lowest of any new vehicle I checked.

Here is what I carry:

Liability: 100k/300k with 100k property damage
Comprehensive: $250 deductible
Collision: $500 deductible
Uninsured / Underinsured: 100k/300k

Keeping in mind that I have multi-line discount, multi-car discount, and safe driving discount, my rate is $185 every six months.

Just for the same of comparison, a new Camry or Accord would cost about $220 to insure and a Mazda3 Hatchback (not the Mazdaspeed) would cost about $260 to insure.

Heck, my '99 Accord with the same coverage but with a value of around $5,000 has a higher insurance rate (about $190 every six months).

A very nice thing about the Mazda5 is the insurance rate this is the lowest of any new vehicle I checked.

Here is what I carry:

Keeping in mind that I have multi-line discount, multi-car discount, and safe driving discount, my rate is $185 every six months.

Just for the same of comparison, a new Camry or Accord would cost about $220 to insure and a Mazda3 Hatchback (not the Mazdaspeed) would cost about $260 to insure.

Heck, my '99 Accord with the same coverage but with a value of around $5,000 has a higher insurance rate (about $190 every six months).

My Insurance company designates the Mazda5 as a minivan (which has one of the lowest rates)... This is one time I don't mind someone calling it a minivan :)

A very nice thing about the Mazda5 is the insurance rate – this is the lowest of any new vehicle I checked.

Here is what I carry:

Wow you only carry 300k of liability insurance!!! brave soul. Around here the min is $1m and I know lots of people that are starting to carry $2m! but hey for $400 a year (I pay 3 times that) and I have a clean record! where do you live that your rates are sooo low?

oh man, I can't believe you are paying that little for your insurance. My monthly payments are $220CAD, that's more than I was paying for my Mazda6. Insurance rates are crazy here in TO

oh man, I can't believe you are paying that little for your insurance. My monthly payments are $220CAD, that's more than I was paying for my Mazda6. Insurance rates are crazy here in TO

mine just went up for march by CAD15 I dont know why. Now its 271

Last edited:
really????? that sucks man. I wonder what will happen to my rates in August once they see all my 3 minor tickets there :(

Not good!!!...............

I guess I can't complain after reading some of your rates here in TO. I'm only paying $145/mo, and I live in North York which is considered Toronto. I hear it's cheaper in the suburbs outside of Toronto.

Hey Blacktalon, Dima for what its worth where in TO are abouts are you. Im in scarborough and all I know with a Caravan coming from Pickering and moving to scarborough my insurance went up from CAD151 to CAD330 / monthand that was years ago. An also what insurance co. are you with I might consider moving to another ins. company

I live in Richmond Hill and I thing blacktalon lives in Scarborough. I am with Orr Brokers and they hooked me up with Wawanessa Insurance, really good rates.

just changed insurance companys and found out that our cars aren't far from the green car discount. The 5 scored a 12 out of 20 and it needs be 13 or better to get the green car discount... maybe when mazda goes disi it'll get there?

I found an envelope in my mailbox this afternoon coming from Johnson Insurance co.
They offer airmiles for each $20 you pay, so I called them. They quote me $180 and change / month on my 07 GT. Not bad considering Im paying $271 up from 235 when I started with statefarm. I think Ill go with them, finalize it on monday.

Ok. finalized my new insurance rate CAD 192 / month for 1 year and 25 days. Effective date is Apr05 2009 to May 01 2010. I'll be saving 79 dollars a month woooohooooo.

Ok. finalized my new insurance rate CAD 192 / month for 1 year and 25 days. Effective date is Apr05 2009 to May 01 2010. I'll be saving 79 dollars a month woooohooooo.

glad to hear that man. I'm still waiting for my renewal :(

hey, wmzda5, why aren't you coming out for TO meets? btw, there is another one this Sunday, hope to see you there.

Back