instead of pushing our engines to death!

MS6mike

:
06 MAZDASPEED6,07 MAZDA CX7
Why has nobody try to loose some weight on this fat car! i need ideas of how to bring the car weight to 3000lbs. keep in mind this is not my daily driver but i dont want to strip it completly!

discuss!(rockon)

- a/c
- rear seat
- spare and jack
- trunk lining
- insulation from headliner and under carpet (maybe lose the carpet)

+ carbon fiber hood
+ carbon trunk lid
+ forged wheels
+ plexi windows

How far do you want to go? That's probably a good 300 lbs right there...

a/c would like to keep, as well as the seats.
spare and jack will be gone, removing trunk lining and insulations is really worth it??

carbon fiber FTW!! how much can i save from that?
plexi windows, how much in weight saving you think i can win?
there is also a lot of plastic covers of the engine, those are like 10 lbs!

Last edited:
You can take quite a bit of weight off with the addition of a CF hood. Removing the insulation and lining would be neglibable.

There's also a significant ammount to be lost with a dash weight reduction... but you really have to be careful about beginning to strip the interior. Many states have specific inspection requirements for interior panels and trim. Also in doing so, you're making your daily driver all the less practical.

There alot of vibration dampeners around this car also that add some weight. The hood would save about 40 lbs., trunk not so much. Rotational mass is a great way to increase speed, as was stated light wheels (and tires), brake kit if actually lighter than the stock kit, any added stereo stuff adds up quick.

Then there is the stock exhaust maybe 15 lbs. more than a good or re thought out at back.

well this is florida no vehicle inspections! FTW!!!!
this is not my DD but dont want it to be an all out track car either.
i was thinking removing everythink inside the rear doors, windows regulators etc... then pull some of the metal frame inside the rear doors, and put back the door panel. what do you think about that???

also i have added the CPE single exhaust so i guess that saving in weight.
i could live without radio so take all the speekers and head unit out and make a nice dask kit to fit gauges instead.
A/C has to be on i live in Miami heat here is intense.
Power steering can be out.
so lets do some calculations here.

gutting rear doors-------------15-25lbs ????
P/S removal------------------ 20 lbs???
engine covers---------------- 10 lbs???
Carbon fiber trunk and hood--- 50lbs???
spare and jack----------------25 lbs??
trunk lining------------------- 5lbs???
Sound system removal--------20 lbs???
total------------------------ 145-155lbs in weight savings.

what is that of dash weigh redudtion??
also how much this car weights stock?
and what is the weight od some light weight rims?

Last edited:
Run a mile a day and loose some lbs yourself. Light weight rims would aid alot, unsprung weight is more effective than sprung weight.

jajaja i am a big guy~ 225 lbs 5'11 not so big but rather fat! man to make this car 300lbs ill have to strip it down to the bones!

Get rid of that AWD drivetrain slowing you down!!! (spank)

Oh and drain all your fluids... there's probably 50lbs or more in oil and your coolant...

I say lightweight forged 17" rims, get rid of power steering pump & ac.

Also, get rid of the spare & tools back there.

Get rid of that AWD drivetrain slowing you down!!! (spank)

Oh and drain all your fluids... there's probably 50lbs or more in oil and your coolant...

ill do that and ill be lighter but all the power will go to tire spin! (braindead

replace seats w/ plastic lawn chairs

replace gauges w/ paper w/ dials drawn on them

done.

oh and replace the windshield with saran wrap.

weight redux ftw =P

replace seats w/ plastic lawn chairs

replace gauges w/ paper w/ dials drawn on them

done.

oh and replace the windshield with saran wrap.

weight redux ftw =P

I say chop the top off. Doing so you ditch the glass, top half of the cab! Also screw the lawn chairs.. milk crates and foam FTMFW!

Do it just like this guy ---V
01010301020201040320071229c65c071e51a62200b200f4d0.jpg

Last edited:
remove engine and install a mouse on a wheel...500-600 pound weight savings easily...

Back