Installing Side Markers!!

p5rolla

:
Mazda Proteg 5
Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to the Forum as I have just purchased a 2002 Mazda Protege5 and could use some most definite help! The 2002 P5 does not come with side markers like the 2003 does, which is unfortunate because it makes the car look that much better!! Do you have any helpful tips or advice on how to get these done?!

Thanks for your help!
Lukasz.

If you are thinking about the factory style side markers, first you would need a template of the hole you need to cut in the fender to mount them. You have very little margin of error here. Little too small a hole and they won't fit a little too big and you have ruined your fender.

Best advice if you know somebody with the 03 pop out the side marker and make an accurate template, then it is a matter of carefully cutting and filing to make the sidemarker fit.
There are aftermarket sidemarkers that you still need to cut a hole but are easier, but in my opinion they look like crap.

Pat.

Last edited:
my opinion get them professionally done. thats something u dont wanna mess up cause its easy to do so

Me? I think the effort and $$ is spent better elsewhere to make the car look better. meh.

I for one do not like the side marker on the 03. However, I know you could easily turn our corner marker into a blinker with some rewiring.

Back