Installing fog lights on base Sport?

beckster

:
CX-5 Sport 6 Speed
I just got my 2015 CX-5 Sport last Friday. I decided on the base package because that's what I could afford and I couldn't stand the thought of driving an automatic. I'd like to customize it a little bit more in the near future... Including upgrading the stereo system to a double din with bluetooth, LED bulbs, and possibly larger wheels and tires.

Right now I'm wondering about the fog lights... How intensive would it be to install fogs? As far as I can tell, I'd need the housing, light, and a new signal switch that has the fog option. Is there anything else I need to worry about? I'd most likely have it professionally done, unless one of my mechanic friends is feeling generous (of course he'd be compensated in cash, pizza, and beer).

Thanks in advance.

I would start by finding a donor vehicle. If there is not one locally then you can email any of the sellers that list CX-5 wrecks on Ebay
If I were doing this I would install a separate switch on the dash to control them as it will give you more options. When you really need fogs such as in fog or in a snow storm, you don't want the headlights.

Here is the how to file:///C:/Users/Dell/AppData/Local/Temp/cx5foglamps.pdf

I would start by finding a donor vehicle. If there is not one locally then you can email any of the sellers that list CX-5 wrecks on Ebay
If I were doing this I would install a separate switch on the dash to control them as it will give you more options. When you really need fogs such as in fog or in a snow storm, you don't want the headlights.

Here is the how to file:///C:/Users/Dell/AppData/Local/Temp/cx5foglamps.pdf

The file didn't work... I think it might need to be uploaded to a host site first. And that's interesting... I forgot that on my M3, my fogs would only work with the headlights on. I don't remember if they were on with the running lights or not, though. Because you make a good point, in heavy snow I'd like just my fog lights on, not headlights, but is that the factory setting?

I'm not having any luck in my little corner of Canada with salvage yards. Only two CX5's down and neither of them had fog lights, and even the ten spoked wheels were junked or in really poor shape.
If anyone is willing to search their area and work with me that would be great otherwise I'm stuck with trying to buy and ship OEM parts. My base CX5 had no fog lights and came with the 'Steel' wheels, and I can't say enough how much I hate those wheels.
Love the vehicle so far, but it does need a little love.

Back