Installing BC coilovers, PLEASE HELP!!!

rlambert02

:
2005 Mazda 3 S (5 door)
Having my BC coilovers installed on my 05 mazda 3 hatch in two days, Sitting on after market 17's (plan on switching to 19's in near future). I want it to sit pretty low but not too low, so how should I have the coilovers adjusted? I'd like about about maybe 1.5" space between top of wheel and bottom of fender. Also I am big into car audio so i usually have a system that ways about 180-280 pounds. So that has to be accounted for in the rear.

I'm worried about once their installed and the rear sitting low with all the extra weight getting tire rub on bumps and normal driving. So do i just have the real coils really stiff or will i still get bad tire rub from normal driving.

Or do i do a SLIGHT positive camber, for front and rear; or roll the lip in the fenders or both?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!!!

sorry man when i had bc's i slammed my car as low as they would let me, rolled the fenders, and cambered my wheels to the maxx... lol dont really know how to set them for daily purposes you are looking for :/

What you will want to do is put them on, set the dampers in the rear to the stiffest setting.

Once you get the coilovers on you will have to adjust them a few times before getting it right.

Eastwood fender roller. Either find one who has one and rent it. Or buy one yourself. I have seen them on ebay for fairly good price with the heat gun and everything. Maybe even go half with a friend who wants to roll his fenders too or lower his car.

Also about the camber. You want negative camber not positive you wont rub with your wheels right now since they have no offset (im assuming you have the stock wheels) if they aren't stock please post the size of them

I wouldn't advise getting 19's as those are oversized for our cars 17-18 is perfect. Better yet 18X9 +30-40 is great.

Close to aftermarket, the offset is about 52.5 i believe. Regardless your wheels still aren't that wide. what tire size you running? I advise a 215/40.

Well i got the car back yesterday evening and it looks pretty good, I tried posting pictures, but can figure out how to upload attachments on here, and apparently you can only upload on photobucket through your phone now, so i dont know. But in the near future I plan on rolling the fenders and trying to just barely tuck the tires like maybe an inch...

There is an attachments section in the user control panel. You should be able to upload there.

If you have Facebook and you upload there, copy the image URL and in the tool bar where you write the text there should be something that said insert image. Paste the URL there..

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...12255752.86418.331147823606688&type=1&theater

With coilovers

Last edited:
Back