Installing an MP3 player?

cloudycloud

:
mazda 3 5door
I read on here somewhere that dealers had an option for a CD player that read MP3 format. Was that in the US? I didn't see that option.

I wish I had though.

Is there a way to install an aftermarket mp3 player? or some way to 'hack' the 6 cd-changer?

I just got a CD-burner for my computer and I was super excited to burn a ton of songs to CD.

ton of songs per CD times 6 CDC equals never swapping out CDs!!!!

Also does the DVD player hook up to the audio system to play movies? (i didn't opt for it)

Does the DVD player read MP3s?

Thanks for any help or info you can give.

cloudycloud said:
I read on here somewhere that dealers had an option for a CD player that read MP3 format. Was that in the US? I didn't see that option.

I wish I had though.

Is there a way to install an aftermarket mp3 player? or some way to 'hack' the 6 cd-changer?

I just got a CD-burner for my computer and I was super excited to burn a ton of songs to CD.

ton of songs per CD times 6 CDC equals never swapping out CDs!!!!

Also does the DVD player hook up to the audio system to play movies? (i didn't opt for it)

Does the DVD player read MP3s?

Thanks for any help or info you can give.

Go talk to your local dealer's parts department. The MP3 player is a purchasable and user-installable part of the "modular audio system" that will replace the 6-disc changer. There is also a cassette player and mini-disc player that replace the panel between the two lower radio knobs (under the volume knob).

Can't help you with the DVD player.

Back