Installed PG inlet: Impressions and Review

NCZ13

Mods: CPE nano, HKS ssqv (recirc)

Inlet:
Came boxed nicely, only thing missing was some vacuum line for the boost solenoid, but that wasnt a big deal since i just took some from work. I did wipe out the insides to remove any dust and dirt. PG even through in a set of mazda valve caps which was cool and unexpected.

Product quality was great
Fitment:
Didnt fit 100% EXACTLY like the OE piece, but was good enough that it didnt run into any install issues with it not lining up with anything.

Install tips:
definitely install the coupler on the turbo first before you put the inlet on. Bolt the inlet onto the mount and slide it into the coupler and it will just fall into place.

For removing the vacuum line for the solenoid: take your time. Dont yank or pull on the line. use a small flathead and work the hose off. I found it easiest to maximize your room was to remove it off the inlet first and than the solenoid. that way you dont have the hose in the way. Use the flathead on the bottom of the hose and break the "seal" so you can slowly push the hose off. By seal I mean that once the hose starts moving, it comes off pretty easy.

Impressions:
The turbo is definitely much louder. The spool is audible at even slight throttle, and it definitely spools up much faster.

At speed it seems to recover boost much quicker as well.

When the HKS valve is run in recirc it makes a notable flutter sound. With the PG inlet, that flutter turns into a hoot (but with a flutter). Its much louder than the stock inlet. The sound also deepens and sounds more hollow (as a result of the metal pipe)

For the price its a bargain. Great fitment, easy install, and great results.

I just installed my PG inlet pipe and I couldn't get the inlet pipe to fit onto the turbo with the same coupler that was already there. Is that a common problem or should I pull it apart and try it again?

I just installed my PG inlet pipe and I couldn't get the inlet pipe to fit onto the turbo with the same coupler that was already there. Is that a common problem or should I pull it apart and try it again?

The inlet pipe should have come with a replacement coupler. The stock coupler won't fit the PG inlet pipe.

(If there's even a stock coupler? I did mine so long ago I don't really remember if there was one at this point, haha)

Well I guess PG decided not to send me the coupler... Do you by chance know the size on the turbo and the PG pipe and where I could buy a coupler for it?

Wow - two out of three PG TIP buyers had missing parts?! C'mon, Ken - we expect better from you.

18617489.jpg

The package comes with the pipe, brass nipple for the boost solenoid, silicone reducer, vaccum hose, and clamps.

Its a reducing coupler (its on the turbo side of the inlet pictured above). Not sure of the measurements cuz i didn't measure, doh! I did get everything with mine, tho. You might be able to find one at autozone, advance auto, etc, but prolly have to order off the internet. Just did mine with the SRI and it took an effort to get the rubber grommett off the stock intake to fit in the reducing coupler, but I'm also not an expert at this stuff. Like NCZ13 said, be patient with the vacuum line for the solenoid (its a b****)!

Last edited:
Mods: CPE nano, HKS ssqv (recirc)

Inlet:
Came boxed nicely, only thing missing was some vacuum line for the boost solenoid, but that wasnt a big deal since i just took some from work. I did wipe out the insides to remove any dust and dirt. PG even through in a set of mazda valve caps which was cool and unexpected.

I think just thru up in my mouth a little bit

Cook county politics migrates to the burbs

it was supposed to be humorous. being from illinois, i sort of understand the insinuation made. i must start listing senate seats on the website, or bulldozed private airports, or something.

still not humorous, i know.

it was supposed to be humorous. being from illinois, i sort of understand the insinuation made. i must start listing senate seats on the website, or bulldozed private airports, or something.

I dunno, both of you made me chuckle (but then I follow politics pretty closely).

I see Blago's becoming quite the celeb. Talk about wanting to throw up in your mouth...

I see Blago's becoming quite the celeb. Talk about wanting to throw up in your mouth...

i don't understand how he ever got elected or re-elected. ever see the simpsons episode where the deceased were voting? must have been that. that and the people of lake and cook county operate under a strict "anyone but a republican" strategy. you could nominate bozo the clown on the democratic ticket and he'd win.

Can I be chairman of something?

What is the small hose at the top of the photo in Saskatchewans post? That didn't come in my package. What is it called so I can find a replacement. Hoping to do the install this weekend.

What is the small hose at the top of the photo in Saskatchewans post? That didn't come in my package. What is it called so I can find a replacement. Hoping to do the install this weekend.

It's the stock hose that's ALREADY installed with the plastic inlet in your car. You just gotta transfer that to the PG inlet.

no the nipple is in a different spot on the PG inlet the stock hsoe is too short. you have to get about 8 inches of 1/8in vacuum tubing and cut it to fit.

Back