Installed New Speakers

redspeed6

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Well got my x-mas gift early and installed them saturday nite.
Got a set of JL 6.5 components for the front and a set of infinity reference series 5.25 for the rear. Overall mid range is much better and the sound no longer cracks or fades out at max level, clear and crisp all the way. Spent $200 for the set up, must say so far so good..... at work, will post model #'s and what not when i get home later...

Sounds like a good setup.

Just one question ... Did the speakers tighten up the bass at all? For example, I listen to all kinds of music excl. rap/r&b so I dont need a loud subwoofer, or really low lows. I just like a nice, crisp, deep bass drum like sound. Did the speakers help this?

What speaker modles are they and where did you pick them up for $200? I am looking to do the same thing. I will probably add a 5 channel amp later to amp the speakers and put a single space saving sub in the trunk.

did you just swap out speakers?? I GUESS YOU STILL HAVE A BOSE SYSTEM??what ohm speakers did you use ??

picked them up at car toys. total was $205 and sum change. Yes, just a speaker swap, still have the stock bose setup. will post the model numbers tonite as soon as i get home. sorry was busy.....

i am in NPR but am always in clw..i have a black speed 6..you have a ms6 ??
would be nice to comare mine with another ms6.. i am new to the car ..only have had it alittle over a month.. its 100% stock !!.. but it doesnt seem fast anymore.. maybe something is wrong..

i am in NPR but am always in clw..i have a black speed 6..you have a ms6 ??
would be nice to comare mine with another ms6.. i am new to the car ..only have had it alittle over a month.. its 100% stock !!.. but it doesnt seem fast anymore.. maybe something is wrong..

I have a 2006 MS6 and I take it to russell mazda..the new service manager is pretty cool. I will PM you my phone # if ya want to get together and compare our cars.

Did you sound deaden the doors?

And, if you are to upgrade the setup, pick up a small amp to power those components and they will REALLY come to life

Biggest Problem with replacing the speakers in the 6 is if you dont have Bose and have the stock Headunit. The rear output is filtered for Low Pass. So you dont much for rear output. How do I know this? Pioneer sent me a free pair of the $200 6x8"s. I placed them in the rear to hear how they sounded and I was shocked and was thinking that was why Pionner sent them to me for free, they sucked. For kicks I put one in the front replacing my component, and they sounded amazing.

So beware those with a Stock HU and want to change your rears without using an Amplifier.

Biggest Problem with replacing the speakers in the 6 is if you dont have Bose and have the stock Headunit. The rear output is filtered for Low Pass. So you dont much for rear output. How do I know this? Pioneer sent me a free pair of the $200 6x8"s. I placed them in the rear to hear how they sounded and I was shocked and was thinking that was why Pionner sent them to me for free, they sucked. For kicks I put one in the front replacing my component, and they sounded amazing.

So beware those with a Stock HU and want to change your rears without using an Amplifier.

I read this and it made me wonder. I had a sub installed in my trunk and they tapped into my rear door spears since I do not have any RCAs on my stock head unit. Will I get less sound then tapping into the front speakers?

Back