Installed new rotors/pads today

Did my first ever brake job today. Went with powerslot rotors and centric posi-quiet pads (fronts only).

Relied mostly on the DIY instructions others have posted but had some more questions:
- The new pads came with a metal plate attached to the back. The stock pads for some reason had two metal plates (the outer one was removable). Was I supposed to take the outer metal plate from the stock pad and attach it to the new pad?
- The inboard stock pads (the one touching the pistons) had a little triangular clip attaching to the top of the pad. Was I supposed to transfer this to the new pad?
- The pedal feels a tad spongy. How would it have been possible for air to get into the system if I never opened the bleeder valves? (I was lazy and just pushed the pistons back without opening bleeders)

The install took a little longer than expected but otherwise went ok. I had to go buy a stronger drill bit to drill out the screws, and ended up screwing in an 8mm Hex bolt to push the stuck rotors off. I could do the whole thing in half the time if i had to do it again.

Bedded the new set with the default procedure.

thanks.

Back