Installed live read out TPMS

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Readout the same as tire pressure gauge. Yes, wheels need cleaning, and flash picks up every little piece of nearly invisible dust

PXL_20220417_030433782.jpg
PXL_20220417_023104004.jpg
PXL_20220417_030528461.jpg

I'm thinking they are, as when I attached them you hear that faint hiss, then it stops, kind of like when you attach the hose to your propane tank on your bbq. I'm guessing that that free flow of air is what's creating the pressure reading. Is there where you scare me in to thinking that that constant pressure n the inner valve is causing some premature wear? THANKS :eek:

Edit: I realized, even if the valve pins are constantly pushed in - no big deal. There's always sprung pressure on the valve core anyway, now it's just pushed in another 1/2 mm

Last edited:
I honestly dont know what effect that may have.
Was just wondering how it operates. The lack of live reading out of the box on the CX5 is one of my biggest complaints.

The one you got is quite cool actually with the power socket plug. Good view as well.

p.s there is a guy that made it show on the old infotainment buts its a lot of hacking to do it + new bluetooth sensors which fit the Mazda ones.

702B56F5-4EA9-4315-8221-FAA18A2F434C.jpeg

Last edited:
p.s there is a guy that made it show on the old infotainment buts its a lot of hacking to do it + new bluetooth sensors which fit the Mazda ones.
Yes, there are several kits on Amazon that actually consist of the more traditional, internal TPMS sensors, then a receiving unit but they seem to run close to $300. Then you also have to remount the tire with them

Readout the same as tire pressure gauge. Yes, wheels need cleaning, and flash picks up every little piece of nearly invisible dust

View attachment 309148
I'm curious: while the readout shows all four tires at 35psi, is the car actually reporting four different tire pressures or is it reporting only one (or an average) of the tire pressures? In other words, if the right rear tire pressure when down, would only the right rear display show a reduced tire pressure or would all four displays show reduced tire pressure?

Not a fan of the look, but to each their own. Do you not worry about people stealing them? We've lost a couple plastic valve caps over the past few years. People take the weirdest things...

There's a lock nut on the inside. You screw it on first, then back it up against the sensor

Actual individual tire pressure. Each sensor is labeled - LF, RF, RR, LR
Good to hear. However, it was my understanding the the CX-5 didn't monitor individual tire pressure. Perhaps it does, but just doesn't offer that option in the cockpit?

@Ladd , hal2 has installed an aftermarket system.

However, the newer CX5 do have the little transmitters in each wheel and report individual tire pressure and temperature to the car's brains (they are not displayed anywhere but available if you use something like torque or Forscan )

However, the newer CX5 do have the little transmitters in each wheel and report individual tire pressure and temperature to the car's brains (they are not displayed anywhere but available if you use something like torque or Forscan )
The fact the hardware exists and they just don't give us the programming to see it is sad.

Tire rotation gets more complicated if you have sensors inside and you need to re-register sensor IDs after rotation.
With OP's external sensors, he just needs to swap the valve cap sensors.
That said, I am happy with the OE system.

Tire rotation gets more complicated if you have sensors inside and you need to re-register sensor IDs after rotation.
With OP's external sensors, he just needs to swap the valve cap sensors.
That said, I am happy with the OE system.
My Lexus never needed to be re-registered. The receivers were stationary. They reported what their closest sensor was telling them.

I have a 2020 Signature; would this car have the "read all four, but only display one"?

I have a 2020 Signature; would this car have the "read all four, but only display one"?
There is a sensor in each wheel that sends pressure and temperature info to the car brains. However, It doesn't display anything in the car other than a low pressure warning light if any one of the four drop pressure.

I’m going to give this one a shot, solar powered. I hate that you can’t actively monitor pressure. Seems really ridiculous that a modern car like the cx-5 doesn’t have active tpms. My 2005 Acura RL had it. Going to add a little anti-seize compound to the valve stem threads to prevent any corrosion.

Back