Installation of an Analog clock...

Installshield 2

Gothenburg Superiority
I recently got a great deal on an Alpine 9835 HU...and had it installed for free at the shop...It sounds great, works great, and looks great...but has probably the shittiest clock settings I have ever seen...

Its not the fact that its only in army time, I kind of like that...but its the way the BioLite display makes you display the clock...in any of the background settings, the clock will only display with a calander...and with both up you only view them, no track info or station preset stuff, except on one setting...that has those crazy BGV backgrounds going...that distract me at night...

that isn't really what bothers me though, you can click title and change things quickly...its the fact that the BioLite display will not display the clock when the unit is turned off...drives me crazy...I don't want this thing on everywhere I go...and I always want to know what time it is, despite having no reason for that...

So anyway...point being, I know very little of wiring gauges and the like...I have an oil gauge and water temp gauge that is a whole other part of this...and I was going to have those gauges flanking an analog clock on either side...all three being mounted in place of the bad metra pocket underneath the HU...

the shop sells V.O.E, a german OE gauge supplier, analog clock that looks perfect...for about 35 bucks...but want 50 to install it (thats the standard rate for any installation...be it a whole system...or one speaker...doesn't matter)...so thats stupid, but the clock is cool...would it be difficult...the clock is back lit too, so I am assuming I would have to relay it into the dash lighting somehow or something...or just wire it so its always lit, but its obvious that it needs constant power in order to stay accurate...

sorry for being such a no)b...1sty, you know how terrible with this crap I am...any explanations would be much appreciated...

i'm a complete noob to wiring and installed my autometer ultralite without any problems. from what i remember of the autometer, there were 4 wires, constant 12v, ground (for the clock) and then a switched power and another ground for the backlight. all i did was tap into my radios respective wires for that. (i'm not sure if you're supposed to, but i didn't run into any problems). as for the other 2, i have no idea:)

Back