Installation costs by pro

badboyeee

:
2002 mazda protege5 upgrading to a 2003
I'm thinking of having a professional finish my car audio system installation. I have all the equipment (deck, speakers, amp, wires). I learned alot from this board how to install my own stuff, but I just don't have the time anymore and the resources (proper tools, garage, etc) to finish it.

What needs to be finished is having my 6.75" Alpine Components be custom installed in my front doors, and I want the tweeter to be mounted in front of the driver. I want to be as stealth as I can and I heard its best for sound imaging anyway...

I already have an 4 channel amp installed (powering front stock speakers and a sub), however it is not properly mounted. It is just sitting under my drivers seat with wires still showing. It was a quickie job...

Those are the two main things I want to be done and for a pro to properly tune my amp settings. I am also interested in fixing interior rattling noises my sub makes and sound deadening to keep road noise out.

So in summary, if someone could estimate what kind of costs I would be expecting by each of the following stages:
1) custom install my 6.75" components in my front doors w/ tweeters mounted in front
2) properly install/mount my amp
3) tune my amp settings
4) dynamat of some sort to minimize interior bass rattling
5) sound deadening to decrease road noise

I am looking to spend about a few hundred, I do want to keep prices low. I am working full time now, but also formally renting a place and so many bills to pay, so yeah.

Thanks

the 6.75's will require an adapter plate. that adapter plate puts the cone closer to the door panel, so there may not be room for the tweeter in front of it. without the tweeter mounted in front of the 6.75, i'd guesstimate $60-$80 just for the fronts.

mounting the amp shouldn't cost too much since you already have the wires run. say $40-$60. they should tune it for you when they install it, since it doesn't take long.

dynamat/sound deadening will cost a small fortune to be done properly. not only are the products pricey, but they take a long time to install. figure if the shop charges $40 per hour for labor, it would take at least 4-8 hours to do a basic sound dampening job.

most shops charge 40-50 an hour for labor regardless of what they are doing... so you figure installing the speakers and mounting the amp... (2-3 hours) thats 150 or so $$ then the sound deadening...if you want your doors done they will already have the panels off for your speakers (unless you puttin in kicks) so the labor won't be much more another hour per door plus the door kits (60-90) so for both doors and sound deaden the doors you prob lookin at 3-350ish (thats with the speakers and amp installed depending on how much of a pita it is to fit your tweets).... then the trunk ad another 100 for the dampening at least and another 2-3 hours of time... so thats 250-300 more or so...

Back